Search

LX award availability

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2011, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
LX award availability

Folks,

I have a ticket to NYC in C in 2 weeks and have some spare points to burn and would like to upgrade to F

availability now looks

F3 A3 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 E9 L9 K2

do you think LX will open award inventory and in case when?

thanks
Old Nov 28, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: DL DM, LH SEN, Mariott Titanium
Are you planning to use M&M upgrade instruments (miles, evouchers) ? If yes and it stays this way you should be able to get the upgrade but maybe not until day of departure
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:15 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
IIRC LX books F upgrades into A class anyway, whereas F awards are booked into O. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is what I remember.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:19 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
IIRC LX books F upgrades into A class anyway, whereas F awards are booked into O. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is what I remember.
Correct
Old Dec 5, 2011, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daumueller
Correct
do not think it is correct... it opened 2 O seats and was able to upgrade otherwise no chances...
Old Dec 8, 2011, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Skyluke
do not think it is correct... it opened 2 O seats and was able to upgrade otherwise no chances...
Hi Skyluke. The message as posted was correct. Upgrades with M&M miles and evouchers on LX use "A" space. When O is open, the correlation to A being open is very strong so seeing O open probably meant A was open as well. I processed an upgrade yesterday from D to A with LX- this is how it works AFAIK. OPUPS by the way usually process to F.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Hi Skyluke. The message as posted was correct. Upgrades with M&M miles and evouchers on LX use "A" space. When O is open, the correlation to A being open is very strong so seeing O open probably meant A was open as well. I processed an upgrade yesterday from D to A with LX- this is how it works AFAIK. OPUPS by the way usually process to F.
thanks... but this mean that in my return flight which at the moment shows
F2 A2 J2 C2 D2 Z0 P0 Y7 B7 M7 U7 H6 Q5 V3 W1 S0 T0 E0 L0 K0 I should be able to book an upgrade from D with miles... unfortunately when I call M&M they say there is no availability... shall I call swiss?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 5:49 am
Original Poster

F2 A2 J2 C2 D2 Z0 P0 Y7 B7 M7 U7 H6 Q5 V3 W1 S0 T0 E0 L0 K0 I should be able to book an upgrade from D with miles... unfortunately when I call M&M they say there is no availability... shall I call swiss?
Ok... have to correct myself... you are right, Swiss books upgrades on A class but only if you call Swiss itself. If you call Miles and more they always look for O class availability. I have now two bookings with upgrades with miles one booked into O class and the other in A class ;-)

that's the beauty of full integration of Miles and more and *A ;-)
Old Dec 10, 2011, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Skyluke- call Swiss in Rome or Milano and they will do it for you.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 3:10 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Skyluke- call Swiss in Rome or Milano and they will do it for you.
Exactly. And, sidenote: i think this Lack of knowledge by lh agents is the reason for my 100% upgrade score using Miles on lx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.