Search

Is there a guide as to how evouchers work? Would like to upgrade TATL flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2011, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Is there a guide as to how evouchers work? Would like to upgrade TATL flight

Hi there,

I'm looking to book an SFO-ZRH flight for September. I'm a 1K on United (Star Alliance Gold). I did a search for evoucher here, but I didn't find anything that laid out how the process works. Is there any process for using some type of certificate / voucher to upgrade international flights? Or is it just paid offers at the airport? Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2011, 9:01 am

Being 1K does not help you. SWUs are useless on LX, both electronic and paper version. The only way to upgrade with vouchers is via M&M SEN/HON evoucher from booking class V or higher. You will need 2 of them oneway.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
I thought status might only help if there was a waitlist for upgrades using evouchers, maybe star alliance gold had something to do with it. So now I have some more questions...

- why do i need two of these one-way? Does it have to do with the region?

- how does one get these evouchers?
Old Mar 21, 2011, 5:12 am

within a region: 1 eVoucher
between regions: 2

becoming M&M SEN/HON
The vouchers can only be used by the SEN/HON itself or a companion on the same flight. There is a workaround but it is not reliable, a little tricky and against M&M T&Cs.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 3:41 am

Programs: LH HON
Hello - could you clarify the workaround? Is there any way to upgrade my partner's or parent's flight with my eVoucher if I don't fly?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:02 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by jjake
Hello - could you clarify the workaround? Is there any way to upgrade my partner's or parent's flight with my eVoucher if I don't fly?
My guess would be you could book a fully-refundable ticket in the cabin into which you want to upgrade your relative/friend/whatever, then upgrade their ticket to join you in that cabin and then, shortly before the flight, cancel your own ticket. It should work, but it is against M&M T&Cs and as such I would not recommend it.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: miles & more , AEGEAN miles&bonus GOLD
Originally Posted by red star
within a region: 1 eVoucher
between regions: 2

becoming M&M SEN/HON
The vouchers can only be used by the SEN/HON itself or a companion on the same flight. There is a workaround but it is not reliable, a little tricky and against M&M T&Cs.
I am MM SEN and have those two evouchers. How long are they valid for?
Can I still use them next year, even if I dont extend my status?

I'd like to use them to upgrade a C to F flight. Do I have to buy a specific C fare?
Finally, how do I use them? Over the phone?

Thanks for any info!
Old Apr 1, 2011, 2:20 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by manthos
I am MM SEN and have those two evouchers. How long are they valid for?
Can I still use them next year, even if I dont extend my status?
Any eVouchers you already have are valid until 1st July 2013. I don't think you need to retain your status to use your eVouchers.

I'd like to use them to upgrade a C to F flight. Do I have to buy a specific C fare?
You can upgrade from any normal Business fare

Finally, how do I use them? Over the phone?
You have a number of options for redeeming your eVoucher:

- online directly when booking your upgrade award
- by phoning your Miles & More Service Team
- when checking in directly at the airport

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...onomy=Homepage
Old Apr 2, 2011, 12:17 pm

Programs: miles & more , AEGEAN miles&bonus GOLD
NewbieRunner, thanks a lot, very informative
Old Apr 4, 2011, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
You have a number of options for redeeming your eVoucher:

- online directly when booking your upgrade award
- by phoning your Miles & More Service Team
- when checking in directly at the airport
And you can use the link below to redeem an eVoucher.... Sometimes flights show up as non-eligible blabla on the LH booking page. Why, I have no idea.

But this link should work:

https://muaenduser.staralliance.com/...WEB/upgrade.do
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:54 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Just to add my 5 cents, the main difference between a miles upgrade and a voucher upgrade is that for intercontinental upgrades with a stop (for ex. GVA-ZRH-MIA) the upgrade only allows one leg to be upgraded whereas the miles upgrade allows both legs to be upgraded.

Traveling with my wife and child I was only able to upgrade the ZRH-MIA as I was using my wife's evouchers for her upgrade and miles for mine and my daughter's. No big deal but just important to note.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 6:18 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
evouchers on NZ

I remember a while ago we discussed here that evouchers could also be used on NZ. Is this still possible because I can't find anything regarding NZ on the LH website? If so, are ALL booking classes eligible for upgrades using evouchers because I remember that they allow upgrades on classes which cannot be upgraded using miles...

I also just tried online to upgrade my upcoming TG flight. The system asks you for the booking class but only gives C or D as an alternative. I thought with evouchers I should be able to also upgrade Z or J class? When I entered all my details and selected "C" class I was offered the price for the upgrade: 45k miles or 2 evouchers. I'm just wondering whether they would honour the upgrade if they see I'm booked in J class on TG although the system has asked me for booking reference etc, so it "should know" that I'm not booked in C or D class. Maybe just a glitch in the system and all is OK if I use evouchers even in lower booking classes.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Sydfly
I remember a while ago we discussed here that evouchers could also be used on NZ. Is this still possible because I can't find anything regarding NZ on the LH website? If so, are ALL booking classes eligible for upgrades using evouchers because I remember that they allow upgrades on classes which cannot be upgraded using miles...

I also just tried online to upgrade my upcoming TG flight. The system asks you for the booking class but only gives C or D as an alternative. I thought with evouchers I should be able to also upgrade Z or J class? When I entered all my details and selected "C" class I was offered the price for the upgrade: 45k miles or 2 evouchers. I'm just wondering whether they would honour the upgrade if they see I'm booked in J class on TG although the system has asked me for booking reference etc, so it "should know" that I'm not booked in C or D class. Maybe just a glitch in the system and all is OK if I use evouchers even in lower booking classes.
E vouchers can be used basically in the same way as milage upgrades. For TG upgrades are only possible in line with the *A upgrade rules: Therefore you need to be booked in D/C.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:56 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Originally Posted by red star
E vouchers can be used basically in the same way as milage upgrades. For TG upgrades are only possible in line with the *A upgrade rules: Therefore you need to be booked in D/C.
I always thought that you can upgrade booking classes with evouchers that cannot be upgraded with miles...is this only true for LH/LX flights that Z class can be upgraded then?

Anyone know about the rules for upgrading NZ flights from Y to C using evouchers?
Old Apr 22, 2011, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Sydfly
I always thought that you can upgrade booking classes with evouchers that cannot be upgraded with miles...is this only true for LH/LX flights that Z class can be upgraded then?

Anyone know about the rules for upgrading NZ flights from Y to C using evouchers?
Upgrades from lower booking classes are only possible on M&M integrated airlines (though a view exemptions do exist eg on UA).
NZ Y to C is possible from U,O,B,Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.