Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss First class lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2011, 12:38 pm

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by khanbaba
Thanks for your quick reply, which terminal does LX 87 come and how far is terminal E from there.
LX87 will arrive at Terminal E, the TG flight to BKK will depart from there, too.

Terminal E is a satellite terminal, connected by a subway tram. It is easy and stressless. Will take you 5 mins from Terminal E to Terminal A where LC FCL is.

Oh I forgot, you have to go through customs and will have to go through security again. But given the fact that you are interested in going to the city center I guess this is not an issue for you.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 2:03 pm

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Thanks for your quick reply, which terminal does LX 87 come and how far is terminal E from there.
AFAIK LX87 actually arrives at the E Dock, too (there's only 1 actual Terminal at ZRH), from where you need to take an automated underground Shuttle train ["the Heidi Train" - take the one on the left, and you'll know why...] to the Main building (that's where the Lounges are, between gates A and B...)

if you want to go into Zurich, the Airport has a Train Station with Trains running every 10-15 minutes, and it takes around about the same amount of time to get to the main station.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 5:38 pm

Programs: aerplan elite
Originally Posted by mamb0
LX87 will arrive at Terminal E, the TG flight to BKK will depart from there, too.

Terminal E is a satellite terminal, connected by a subway tram. It is easy and stressless. Will take you 5 mins from Terminal E to Terminal A where LC FCL is.

Oh I forgot, you have to go through customs and will have to go through security again. But given the fact that you are interested in going to the city center I guess this is not an issue for you.
Originally Posted by matt in france
AFAIK LX87 actually arrives at the E Dock, too (there's only 1 actual Terminal at ZRH), from where you need to take an automated underground Shuttle train ["the Heidi Train" - take the one on the left, and you'll know why...] to the Main building (that's where the Lounges are, between gates A and B...)

if you want to go into Zurich, the Airport has a Train Station with Trains running every 10-15 minutes, and it takes around about the same amount of time to get to the main station.
Thanks again mamb0 for your quick help and thanks to matt in france for answering my second question, so can I make it to downtown Zurich in 30 minutes and spend couple of hours there and back 3 hour before my flight, I have total 7 hours to kill.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by MarioRossi
Has it occured to you that taste might be subjective?? While I agree with you that the food in the FCT is usually better than what you get at ZRH FCL (esp. the buffet offerings) I've had some meals in ZRH that were better than FRA.
I have also had some incredible meals in the ZRH FCL that beat the pants off the food at the FCT.

The rabbit was other-worldly. Definitely five-stars in my opinion.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
so can I make it to downtown Zurich in 30 minutes and spend couple of hours there and back 3 hour before my flight, I have total 7 hours to kill.
Absolutely, and with 7 hours I'd really advise you to go downtown and stroll around a bit... stretch your legs, buy some chocolates, take in some fresh air... Enjoy!
Old Jan 17, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: LH SEN, AF gold, HHdiamond
Originally Posted by mamb0
Hi there,
every pax on LH or LX F can guest one person into the FCL, the Senator Lounge or the Biz Class Lounge. So you will be fine. You will not be shuttled to your departing plane, you have to make your own way to Terminal E.
With 7hrs you can do a lot outside the airport. I would make that decision upon arrival, depending on how I feel.

As per First Class ticket passenger, is there no limo service in from/to plane in ZRH?

I'm surprised because SWISS website actually promote it:

http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/services...173&Country=US

quoting
''And our exclusive limousine shuttle service will pick you up on time and take you directly to your aircraft.''
unquoting

up up!!!
Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by lacoca
As per First Class ticket passenger, is there no limo service in from/to plane in ZRH?
LX offers exactly what they promote on the website:

A limo shuttle (Mercedes van or sedan) from the lounge to the gate / terminal where the long-haul flights with F class depart.

Nobody said anything about picking up arriving or connecting passengers at their planes.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:36 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by airoli
LX offers exactly what they promote on the website:

A limo shuttle (Mercedes van or sedan) from the lounge to the gate / terminal where the long-haul flights with F class depart.

Nobody said anything about picking up arriving or connecting passengers at their planes.
or about shuttling pax from the lounge to non LX/LH metal.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
A quick question:

Arriving with LX in Frist Class from Tokyo, contining to Stockholm with SAS in Business.

Will I have access to the First Class lounge, as an arriving pax from LX F?

Thanks
Have almost the same question. Also arriving from NRT with LX in F, continuing to IST with TK in J the same day. Does it depend on the airline I'm departing with whether I get access to the Swiss First Class Lounge or not?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 2:13 am

Terminal E: 2 min ride on the clean and nice Heidi train, friendly speeds passport control in less than 3 minutes ( nothing like in the USoA )then you have to endure a 3 min walk, make it 10 min max. Not sure wether they will provide van service back to E for TG flights.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fendant
Terminal E: 2 min ride on the clean and nice Heidi train, friendly speeds passport control in less than 3 minutes ( nothing like in the USoA )then you have to endure a 3 min walk, make it 10 min max. Not sure wether they will provide van service back to E for TG flights.
If I am not mistaken- do not all longhaul flights arrive at Terminal E?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
If I am not mistaken- do not all longhaul flights arrive at Terminal E?
Regularly yes. However, sometimes arriving aircraft are assigned an A gate if
  • there is one available
  • there are lots of transfer pax on board
  • the aircraft will afterwards be towed to maintentance and not go out on another mission right away
This is all rare though so as a rule of thumb "long-hauls arrive @ E" works.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 2:35 am

Programs: some
  • there is one available
  • the aircraft will afterwards be towed to maintentance and not go out on another mission right away
How would they process immigration if a longhaul arrives at A? the only twin aisle aircrafts I have seen there last year where the PMI shuttles.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:19 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
  • there is one available
Before Shengen was introduced ocasionally long haul flights did arrive and depart from the A Gates however now it is 100% impossible. The only LX Long haul plane you will see very occasionally at the A Gates is an A332 that is used to destinations like ATH but again happens very rarely.

However I have noticed a couple of times that LX had a few long haul flights arrive and depart from remote stands with boarding from bus gates at Termial B.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by LXA350
Before Shengen was introduced ocasionally long haul flights did arrive and depart from the A Gates however now it is 100% impossible.
Actually, this is true. I had not realized that Schengen is the reason why I hadn't seen this lately. Apologies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.