Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COOP points - accumulate

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I've been doing this for a while, just reached the 10th level. There was an even better one during the summer, offering 15,000 points for 15 purchases in the COOP City non-food department. The COOP Pronto extra points offers are quite frequent, meaning I do more purchases in COOP Pronto than I'd really like to. These are badly laid out stores in train and gas stations, more expensive and often with marginally to very rude workers. The service in normal COOP supermarkets is incredibly friendly and helpful by comparison.

Lastly, COOP has bought Aperto, which is not a good thing because once again it means less competition, higher prices and a hegemony of COOP Pronto and Migrolino everywhere. There were things in Aperto that I quite like, such as infinity superior coffee machines and much nicer employees.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those who haven’t woken up yet (I happen to be 3 hours ahead just now, which is quite unusual), there is a 24 offer called Blue Friday. Any award purchased from the Prämien shop for a minimum 2,000 Superpoints will 555 bonus points. Can you guys make anything of it? You’ve only got today.

https://www.supercard.ch/de/promotio...ue-friday.html
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Originally Posted by Concerto
For those who haven’t woken up yet (I happen to be 3 hours ahead just now, which is quite unusual), there is a 24 offer called Blue Friday. Any award purchased from the Prämien shop for a minimum 2,000 Superpoints will 555 bonus points. Can you guys make anything of it? You’ve only got today.

https://www.supercard.ch/de/promotio...ue-friday.html
Thanks for the reminder!

Following goliath's calculations for the earlier "333 points back on purchases":

Originally Posted by goliath
Thanks for the info!

Unfortunately, the ratio is not too good. The best you can get is 1.9112 Rp./mile:

7500 - 333 = 7167 superpoints (i.e. a value of at least CHF 71.67) / 3750 miles

I don't like paying any more than the price during the trophies (1.745 Rp./mile) - and this year we've already been spoilt by 1.449 Rp./mile during the promo(s) in January.
This promo results in:

7500 - 555 = 6945 superpoints for 3750 miles, i.e., 1.852 Rp./mile, so not as good as the currently ongoing trophy promotion.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don’t forget, you can pay part cash, part points. Is it really not a good deal? Maybe not something to get excited over? I was thinking, offers are fairly few and far between with Superpoints. I’m trying to remember how the one back in January was so good. It got many into a state of excitement here!
Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Don’t forget, you can pay part cash, part points.
The points have a cash value as well. You get at least CHF 1 per 100 Superpoints on Ricardo. When you pay part cash, you pay the same at Coop Supercard shop (also CHF 1 per 100 Superpoints).

Is it really not a good deal?
Nope - unless you don't value your Superpoints, it isn't.

And in my opinion, you should value them at CHF 1 per 100, because they are as good as cash.

See clifford79's calculation - you would be better off buying miles with Coop Trophy cards (even if you have to buy full Trophy Cards).
Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Right, so what sort of offer would make you use your COOP Superpoints? I’m building up a stash now. Maybe I should look at the SBB train offers. But ideally I would use them for miles. The Sachprämien don’t interest me all that much.

I have a friend who just uses them for a cash reduction at the supermarket check out. Was I wrong in saying that is the worst thing you could do with them?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Right, so what sort of offer would make you use your COOP Superpoints? I’m building up a stash now.
Patiently wait for the next good promo, like the one in January.

Or sell them on Ricardo.

Maybe I should look at the SBB train offers.
I don't know the SBB items, but unless you get a cashback of more than CHF 1 per 100 Superpoint, you are better off selling them for cash.

I have a friend who just uses them for a cash reduction at the supermarket check out. Was I wrong in saying that is the worst thing you could do with them?
I don't see anything wrong with that as long as he would shop for these items at Coop anyways.

Last edited by goliath; Nov 10, 2017 at 4:25 am
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:02 pm

15x Superpunkte at Coop Pfäffikon Seedamm Center on 9th December between 6 and 8pm (don't ask me from where Coop get its weird ideas..)
Old Dec 7, 2017, 3:39 am

Programs: SEN
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
15x Superpunkte at Coop Pfäffikon Seedamm Center on 9th December between 6 and 8pm (don't ask me from where Coop get its weird ideas..)
Cool- didn't see that one before. Not sure what's the logic behind this promotion either. Tempting to try if this is stackable with the +1'200 Superpoints coupon from the Seedamm Center voucher booklet. Probably it won't work but you just never know.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by superpointsLXflyer
Cool- didn't see that one before. Not sure what's the logic behind this promotion either. Tempting to try if this is stackable with the +1'200 Superpoints coupon from the Seedamm Center voucher booklet. Probably it won't work but you just never know.
Would be worth a try I'd say if you're nearby anyway .. considering it's Coop's "famous" IT we're talking about, everything is possible
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:48 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Usually combining 5x, 10x (or 15x!) with a +500 /+1000 won't work... , but some very few times it does! Again, it's worth to give it a try as Yuropflyer says.

On the other hand, I've noticed that you have pretty good results with combining a points coupon (multiplier or adder) with a 10% or 15% discount coupons. And I'm talking here about the overall purchases coupons, not the ones specific to an article or article group.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Artemio
Usually combining 5x, 10x (or 15x!) with a +500 /+1000 won't work... , but some very few times it does!.
The promotion sounds as if they're giving those 15x points without the need for a voucher. Therefore my (limited) hope. If I make it to Seedamm Center I will report back. Even if it doesn't work- 15x in combination with some of the ongoing vine offers is already pretty decent.
YuropFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:15 pm

If I make it to Seedamm Center I will report back.
It DID work
Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
It DID work
Always nice to hear of that kind of glitch ^

Thanks for reporting back ^
superpointsLXflyer likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:04 pm

It DID work
Glad that my spotting helped someone

Enjoy the Superpunkte.
superpointsLXflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.