Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

FT Talkboard Election Voting

Old Nov 14, 06, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just a suggestion to make it easier for people to vote for Talkboard. Put a link on the main page and in the menu block that takes people to the ballot. Also, if possible make the "I Voted" avatars a link to the ballot.

Anything to make it easier for people to find the ballot should help increase turnout.
Old Nov 14, 06, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
That's a great idea.

There's already a link at the top of every forum that takes people to the ballot area.
Old Nov 14, 06, 4:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Question...

Does the "I voted" avatar get affixed to every FTer who has voted or is it affixed on a voluntary basis?
Old Nov 14, 06, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
It's affixed to everyone who votes by default. BUT, you can disable it by clicking on the link "edit avatar."
Old Nov 14, 06, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe a big e-mail shot, dedicated to reminding people to vote would be a good idea (as opposed to just being part of a Talkmail)?
Old Nov 14, 06, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Mary2e

It's affixed to everyone who votes by default. BUT, you can disable it by clicking on the link "edit avatar."
Not quite right. Actually only to folks who had elected to enable avatars in the past.

For instance I have never enabled PMs as they drive me nuts, so no member can PM me, only email etc.

Glen
Old Nov 14, 06, 8:22 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

As noted in my earlier posts, we did consider an email blast and a pop-up window but decided in the I Voted solution to draw attention to the balloting going on because we did not want to be considered spamming as we are positive all of you have plenty of other important email. It is the least invasive method of getting attention and if you look at the early results, the most effective thing we've every done for the balloting part of the elections.

Thank you.

Originally Posted by hfly
Maybe a big e-mail shot, dedicated to reminding people to vote would be a good idea (as opposed to just being part of a Talkmail)?
Old Nov 14, 06, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry Randy, I guess I missed that.
Old Nov 20, 06, 8:30 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think the "I Voted" avatar is a brilliant idea. Bonus to whoever thought of it! Oh wait, I can't award bonuses....
Old Nov 22, 06, 9:36 am

Programs: Delta MM
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I think the "I Voted" avatar is a brilliant idea. Bonus to whoever thought of it! Oh wait, I can't award bonuses....
I agree. I do wonder, however, how many people are configured to see versus not see avatars. I wasn't - and had to go turn it on. I wonder if anyone did a query to determine who portion of the population is configured to not see them. I don't remember turning them off, but perhaps the default is on and I did it without remembering doing so - that's my hope anyway.
Old Nov 22, 06, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by John C
I agree. I do wonder, however, how many people are configured to see versus not see avatars. I wasn't - and had to go turn it on. I wonder if anyone did a query to determine who portion of the population is configured to not see them. I don't remember turning them off, but perhaps the default is on and I did it without remembering doing so - that's my hope anyway.
JohnC....completely off-topic here but I was very disappointed that you didn't run for TB this year.

You were my favorite candidate last year and earned my number one vote.

Hope to see you running next year.
Old Nov 23, 06, 12:16 am
Community Director

Originally Posted by Cholula
JohnC....completely off-topic here but I was very disappointed that you didn't run for TB this year.

Search this Thread