Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

Coupon Connection

Coupon Connection

Old Apr 2, 2001, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Coupon Connection

What do you all think about not letting people post to the coupon connection until they reach "member" status?

I get sick of people going there saying "GIVE ME A FREE TRIP, I'LL PAY YOU!" and then noticing that they have only posted one or two times. Obviously they don't even care enough to read the ettiquette rules!

I don't mind a regular flyer-talker asking for stuff, in fact, thats what the board is for! But brand new people who come in with bogus sob stories are getting annoying!

Am I being too harsh??
Old Apr 3, 2001, 6:39 am
geo1004

While it might be nice to have some type of entry requirement it would differentiate the Coupon Connection from the rest of FT which has no entry criteria. I doubt the success rate of the quick-shot-toss me a freebie request is very high. I would imagine most readers see it as distortion, snicker a bit and then move on...

Old Apr 3, 2001, 5:40 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Mat,

I agree with GEO.... not sure how you would distinguish entry criteria. I certainly hope people do not have a high success rate.

I hate to say it... but I actually ignore those posts... I do not care how emotional or sentimental they are.

I would be very embarrassed personally if that was my first post. But it takes all kinds!!!

William
Old Apr 5, 2001, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I had a handful of those "$100 off" UA coupons I offered last week. Got 3 emails from new users I have never heard of before.

One said; "hey ozstamps, send me some"

another said:

'Yes, why not, let me have 2 of them'.

the other said:

'Great offer - mail them today airmail or Fedex'.

In no case did these people said "thank you", and even please, (airmail from here for 4 of these is 2 bucks) and incredibly in no case did any of them even supply an address!

This is plain rudeness.

------------------
~ Glen ~

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.