Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wanted: A way to go from thread to thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 1999, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Wanted: A way to go from thread to thread

I'm surprised no one has suggested this yet (which indicates to me there may already be a way but I just haven't figured it out), but I would really like to see a pair of buttons which can be accessed within a thread which say "Next Thread" and "Previous Thread". Coupled with the return of the blue arrows, this would really expedite our access to new postings.

Right now the way I have to go from thread to thread is via the "Back" button to the main subtopic index (e.g., "United"), then click on the link to the next (or previous) topic. This requires two loadings, and often takes quite a bit of time.

By the way - AM I missing something?
Old Jan 23, 1999, 10:26 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Counsellor ~ What I do to avoid the two loadings you describe is to right click on the subtopic I want (like United) and select open a new window. Then I read whatever interests me in United, then close the window and select the next subtopic from the main page which is still open.

This also allows me to skip subtopics that don't interest me or I don't have time to read.
Old Jan 23, 1999, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

IT WORKS! IT WORKS! If you open each individual conversation (thread) in a separate window by right-clicking, it cuts waiting time to virtually nothing going between conversations.

AND, the forum light bulbs stay lit that way!

Thank you, Beckles; thank you, thank you, thank you!
Old Jan 24, 1999, 10:43 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Sorry I didn't share my little tip sooner

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.