Wiki Posts
Search

Quick Reply - No Click Required

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2011, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Quick Reply - No Click Required

It would be great if FT could update the Quick Reply function to not require a click to activate the feature. This can be found in vB under the following settings:

vBulletin Options > Message Posting and Editing Options > Quick Reply > Yes, Click Not Required

It appears that "Yes, Click Required" is selected at this point. This is more of a "Quick Quote" option. The "Not Required" option is the "best of both worlds" in that it still allows for someone to "Quick Reply" from a post in order to maintain threaded views and allows the freedom to simply respond to the OP or to the thread in general while on Page 20 of a long-running thread (which appears to be a more common case for the SPG-related forums).

Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2011, 6:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue
I think the feature is disabled to avoid spam messages from being posted as easily as well as keeping keyboard shortcut's active before you post *correct me if I'm wrong*
Old Jul 15, 2011, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
One flaw to the current method is that if a post submission fails or a link is accidentally clicked while typing a quick reply, at least in some browsers, after one clicks "back" to attempt to submit the post, the Quick Reply box is again grayed out and the contents of the post are lost. (They're actually displayed in gray but disappear as soon as one clicks the Quick Reply button to reactivate the text input box.)

I would assume that if the Quick Reply box is always active, the text in the input field would not be cleared out.

I have lost several lengthy, well-researched posts this way and had to re-type from scratch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.