Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > The Suggestion Box
Reload this Page >

Can we get separate sub forums for PE and biz class Mileage Runs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2023, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat

Many of us are not interested in PE fares which just clog up the list. Would not seem to be a jig deal as there are already several subs. Thank you!
Old Apr 9, 2023, 11:07 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I too am generally not interested in Premium Economy fares -- as I would rather have two seats in regular economy than a premium economy seat -- but the splitting of the Mileage Run forum into multiple sub-forums thins out the forum in a way that may have had unintentional consequences that have done me no good.

Maybe instead of sub-forums, perhaps there can be a practice to start thread titles with "Economy class deal: ____" "PE class deal:____", "Business class deal:____", and "First class deal:____". That or just do the same sort of thing with PE fares going into the main Mileage Run forum with regular economy class fare deals.
plunet and tcook052 like this.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 2:26 pm

Programs: BAEC
I also think trying to separate out PE deals would lead to them not being noticed or posted. I am sure that for some a PE deal when there's no deals in J is going to be better than being in the back of the bus. And it's not like PE feature that frequently in the Premium Fares sub-forum?

​​​​Agree with the suggestion that better signposting of what the deal is in the subject line is very useful.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 6:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I too am generally not interested in Premium Economy fares -- as I would rather have two seats in regular economy than a premium economy seat -- but the splitting of the Mileage Run forum into multiple sub-forums thins out the forum in a way that may have had unintentional consequences that have done me no good.
Completely agree. It's not broken so let's not "fix" it by fracturing things any further.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 8:26 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I have been asked to respond on behalf of the Mileage Run Moderators. Reviewing the past 400 posts in the Premium Fare Forum, I found 10 Premium Economy posts, so I'm at a loss as to how those 10 posts of 400 Boraxo said "clog up the list." This subject has been raised and reviewed before and the results were similar.

As for the suggestion by @GUWonder for a naming convention, there are already posting rules in the Premium Fare Form to include the Cabin. See Rule 5:
5. State the cabin in the thread title. While the majority of posts will be about Business class, it helps everyone if each title clearly contains the cabin that it applies to. It also helps to state that at the beginning of the title for people who are only interested in deals for a particular cabin. In the interest of striking a balance between clarity, brevity, consistency and searchability, we recommend the following prefixes be used:
First
Business
Prem Econ
Additionally, it is not easy to get members to follow the posting rules in the forum due to its nature. We have regulars who post fares and know the rules and naming convention and we have one hit wonders who don't bother to read the rules at all. The Moderators already spend a great deal of time cleaning it up. Every time we have to edit a title, a "new post" thread goes out to all who subscribe, even though the post is not new. Members complain about that too.
Due to the low number of Premium Economy Fares posted, we do not feel it warrants a sub-forum.

Pat89339, on behalf of the Mileage Run Moderator Team
ryandc99 jpdx
ryandc99, tcook052, aztimm and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 9:38 pm
Community Director Emerita

Thanks, Pat89339 That's really helpful. @Boraxo, I always appreciate members coming forward with their thoughts. With the numbers Pat has given us, we'll remain with the status quo.

Carol/SanDiego1K
Community Director
tcook052, ryandc99, Boraxo and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.