Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > The Suggestion Box
Reload this Page >

Are Forum Moderators advised not to ''Like'' posts on their forums?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2023, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Just curious.
oliver2002 and tcook052 like this.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 2:02 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
If I had to guess, I would say they are advised as such. Funnily enough, I had a post liked by the Marriott Lurker yesterday, which probably doesn't help the conspiracy some have suggested that I'm a paid shill for Marriott - hah!
HIDDY likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 6:17 pm
Community Director Emerita

I am responsible for the moderator corp. All moderators post as regular members and are free to like posts. You'll see many likes from me across the board. I'll read something that is truly helpful in my travels and will like the post. I'll like a post where a member has spend substantial time sharing useful information. Rarely a day goes by without me liking a post as I read across FlyerTalk. I see many moderators have also liked posts. Just like any member, some are more outgoing than others in that way.

Here's a frustration with our software. If there is a review in the thread, the software does not permit any likes. Internet Brands, who owns the board, knows of this software glitch. It has yet to be solved. So if you wonder why a great hotel thread doesn't get likes, that could be the reason.

I'll go ahead and close this thread since I have answered it.

SanDiego1K, Community Director
tcook052, HIDDY, SPN Lifer and 5 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.