Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > The Suggestion Box
Reload this Page >

Welcome Section? (See Community Buzz forum: Who We Are & Information Desk forum)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Welcome Section? (See Community Buzz forum: Who We Are & Information Desk forum)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2020, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CheckoutSaver.com

Hello! I'm obviously new here, and I'm looking around for a welcome section or place to introduce ourselves for newcomers to the forum.

If one doesn't exist, my suggestion would be to add a section for it. If it does exist, it should be easier to find for someone who doesn't know how to navigate the forum yet. I searched through all the categories, and the Community sections to find it to no avail.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 9:40 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Who we all are in the CommunityBuzz forum to introduce yourself and the Information Desk forum for new members' Q&A and guidance for using the forums.
JDiver likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Browse, Search, and Read...

Originally Posted by justinsaves
Hello! I'm obviously new here, and I'm looking around for a welcome section or place to introduce ourselves for newcomers to the forum.

If one doesn't exist, my suggestion would be to add a section for it. If it does exist, it should be easier to find for someone who doesn't know how to navigate the forum yet. I searched through all the categories, and the Community sections to find it to no avail.
(underline mine)

What TWA884 said. Both CommunityBuzz and Information Desk Forum, a.k.a ID Forum, have a self-intro master thread. One of the reasons to place Information Desk Forum at the very top of the fora list is visibility. If you had check out the forum description under Information Desk Forum on the FT Forum Homepage, you should have read the queue for new members (see the bolded text):

Information Desk

New Member Q&A and cross program Award Travel Advice

It's true FT can be overwhelming for newbies. We were all newbies once. It will definitely serve you well from now on to check out the (short) forum description of each forum before entering. Also don't forget to read up the sticky threads at the top of each individual forum of your interest. Our volunteer forum moderators (i.e. MODs) put in tons of effort into forum stickies so folks can find specific guidelines and useful threads in each forum. For example, I believe you'll find this ID Forum sticky thread much helpful:

RESOURCES: Getting Started, Member Tips, Helpful Links, FAQs, and More

Here are the self-intro threads I mentioned earlier:

In ID Forum: New Member Roll Call!

The self-intro sticky thread in CommunityBuzz Forum: Who we all are

Just dive in and read. Welcome to FT!
JDiver likes this.

Last edited by lin821; Feb 27, 2020 at 10:04 am Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.