Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Platinum Requirements. Higher? No, it's an IT glitch

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Requirements. Higher? No, it's an IT glitch

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
Mine is all screwy right now too, but it's also in a fancy new bar graph format so I'm guessing that might have something to do with the problems. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that if Starwood were to change the requirements for elite qualification, they would do it at the beginning of a new calendar year so as not to mess with people halfway through their attempt to re-qualify. Step back from the ledge and take a deep breath...
Well if it were a requirement change I'm sure everyone would at least have the same requirement number.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

You would think they would do it at the beginning of the year but:

1.1 We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time, without notice. This means that we may make changes that affect, without limitation, processes, benefits, Program affiliates, rules for earning and redeeming Starpoints, Starpoint redemption levels, rules for the use of Awards, availability of Awards, Award inventory, and Award types. Unless otherwise stated, all Membership benefits are subject to availability.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA PP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Nat ExecElite, WN CP
They cannot be foolish enough to change the requirements more than halfway through the year. People have been working toward status and this would alienate way too many of their frequent customers (myself included).

This will all clear up shortly
Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:22 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
That's a good one but I'm willing to bet this is a pure IT screw-up.

Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
You would think they would do it at the beginning of the year but:

1.1 We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time, without notice. This means that we may make changes that affect, without limitation, processes, benefits, Program affiliates, rules for earning and redeeming Starpoints, Starpoint redemption levels, rules for the use of Awards, availability of Awards, Award inventory, and Award types. Unless otherwise stated, all Membership benefits are subject to availability.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:23 pm

Wink

Originally Posted by jimmychang
That's a good one but I'm willing to bet this is a pure IT screw-up.
I second you on that. I am not surprised if the SPG IT screw it up again.

They really need to hire a new group of IT people for SPG
Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:26 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PHX_SOUS
They cannot be foolish enough to change the requirements more than halfway through the year. People have been working toward status and this would alienate way too many of their frequent customers (myself included).
Agreed. However this could be a prelude to changes coming next year. Would you stick with SPG if they introduced a 50 stay requirement?
Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
Sorry Terry, that thread wasn't there when i posted this.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:30 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by anchor79
They really need to hire a new group of IT people for SPG
Do you really think anyone else does it better? I think Starwood has one of the more functional and user-friendly websites in the travel industry. Sure, there's things I don't like about it, but it's better than most IMO.

I just noticed this page for the first time today - https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...omparison.html - haven't seen a summary like that on competitor sites. I especially enjoyed their sources list at the bottom...
Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:34 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Not goona happen. That's what DM might do not SPG.

Originally Posted by vysean
Agreed. However this could be a prelude to changes coming next year. Would you stick with SPG if they introduced a 50 stay requirement?
Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
Originally Posted by PHX_SOUS

This will all clear up shortly
The last time they made a change from 20 to 25 stays (I believe it was 2002) they did so in the middle of the year.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:35 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
Originally Posted by vysean
I'm not *Wood's target guest but I'm looking for a chain to replace Marriott next year (just kinda had it with MR) as my 2nd choice program. My friends convinced me but I'm not sure the benifits are worth 50 stays.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I've heard rumblings about a tier above Plat, but not raising Plat requirements.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:48 pm

Programs: QF,VS,SQ,SPG,IC
All of my stays are now strictly leisure, although more expensive hotels. I’ll manage to get 25 stays this year without a double promo but 50 nights is not an option for me.

If 42 stays is introduced next year, I won’t even try to requalify. Now I sometimes book Starwood hotels even though I can get cheaper rates at other hotels simply to keep my stay rate up. I couldn’t justify the added cost to get to 42.

I can see where this could appeal to those travelling for business and perhaps this is Starwood’s target market. Unfortunately, I would have to (sadly) say goodbye.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 8:01 pm

Programs: QF,VS,SQ,SPG,IC
OK, just looked at the graph in my account and it indicates 45 stays (total) or 50 nights (total) for Platinum.

Is this thread based solely on this graph or is there some other source of information?
Old Jul 17, 2009, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, HH GOLD, PP
I just checked my account. It reflects the new graph and 45 stays or 50 nights for Platinum. I was not able to log in last night thus I'm hoping this is merely a glitch and not an increase in required stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.