Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG points/credit given on rate booked online? Answer: Yes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2009, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Platinum, United Premier Executive

I was about to book a room at the Sheraton Centro Historico in Mexico City for a very low rate--$89 prepaid--when I found this language in the details:

BOOK NOW AND SAVE - FULLY PREPAID, CANCEL RULES APPLY, NO CHANGES ALLOWED. ONLY WEB RATE.NON-CHANGEABLE. FULLY PREPAID. DOES NOT APPLY SPG POINTS. IF CANCELLED OUTSIDE72 HOURS OF ARRIVAL BEFORE 4PM, GUEST WILL FORFEIT THE COST OF 1NIGHT..IF CANCELLED WITHIN 72 HOURS OF ARRIVAL AFTER 4PM, GUESTWILL FORFEIT COST OF ENTIRE STAY..WEEKDAY RATE AND WEEKEND RATE ARE DIFFERENT.. Identification required.

Is it possible that this rate means you can't get SPG stay/night credit, or point credits or is it just a language issue?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by DCGuy
I was about to book a room at the Sheraton Centro Historico in Mexico City for a very low rate--$89 prepaid--when I found this language in the details:

BOOK NOW AND SAVE - FULLY PREPAID, CANCEL RULES APPLY, NO CHANGES ALLOWED. ONLY WEB RATE.NON-CHANGEABLE. FULLY PREPAID. DOES NOT APPLY SPG POINTS. IF CANCELLED OUTSIDE72 HOURS OF ARRIVAL BEFORE 4PM, GUEST WILL FORFEIT THE COST OF 1NIGHT..IF CANCELLED WITHIN 72 HOURS OF ARRIVAL AFTER 4PM, GUESTWILL FORFEIT COST OF ENTIRE STAY..WEEKDAY RATE AND WEEKEND RATE ARE DIFFERENT.. Identification required.

Is it possible that this rate means you can't get SPG stay/night credit, or point credits or is it just a language issue?
If you book on an SPG/Starwood site, you will get credit. This comes up every week. Do a search you'll confirmation of credit by the Lurkers.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:46 pm

That's interesting...I have been staying here weekly on that $89 rate and the stay credits and SPG points have not been posting. I have had to email [email protected] to get the stay credit and SPG points posted for spend and bonus.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:25 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Hmm...

I smell something fishy about this.

Let me investigate.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Jul 14, 2009, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Hmm...

I smell something fishy about this.

Let me investigate.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Thanks for looking into this, Lurker II. As Richard pointed out, there seems to be some disconnect. It's an amazing price, but I hesitated to book it because I didn't want to prepay until I knew the trip was going to happen. The next lowest price for the night I want is $110 more.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:56 am

It is a good price and I get 10% off that using the Starwood Vacation Owner promotion code. The terms of which don't state anything about "no spg points".

Promotion Detail
10% OFF ANY STAY. RATES BASED ON BEST AVAILABLE UNRESTRICTED RETAIL RATES. ADVANCE PURCHASE REQUIRED.

DCGuy if you do stay there...as a platinum they should offer you complimentary continental breakfast and internet...but you will need to ask. I've had about 7 or 8 stays and was only made aware of the breakfast on my most recent stay. The hotel is very nice....excellent gym, restaurants and typically get upgraded to a junior king suite.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks Richard. I've stayed there before, as a Platinum, and got the internet. I didn't know about the continental breakfast. I just got a corner room the last time I was there, but it was a nice room with an amazing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.