Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Monday, June 29 11am EDT Concert Tickets available for points (targetted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Monday, June 29 11am EDT Concert Tickets available for points (targetted)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2009, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Exclamation Monday, June 29 11am EDT Concert Tickets available for points (targetted)

Amp up your summer with a Starpoints® redemption offer that really rocks: premium seats to see some of the world's most phenomenal bands. Choose from an amazing list of today's hottest musical artists and most exciting concert venues.

Here's how it'll work:
• Pairs of tickets will be offered for either 5,000 or 10,000 Starpoints.
• 1 pair of tickets per member.
• Redeem on a first-come, first-served basis beginning on June 29, 2009, at noon EST at spg.com/hotshows.
You'll be blown away by the artists we've lined up, so tune in on June 29 at noon EST to redeem Starpoints for premium tickets to the show you select.
https://www.spgpromos.com/livenation...NTicketJun09_P

Interested to see the list... now I know why Lurker was asking how much we'd pay, in points, for concerts!
Old Jun 25, 2009, 2:53 pm

Programs: * A
u beat me to it pitbrian

very nice spg! now where can we see which concerts we can get the tickets for, I need some research time.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 2:59 pm

Programs: Starwood
I am Gold and got this email.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 3:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by noirpepper
u beat me to it pitbrian

very nice spg! now where can we see which concerts we can get the tickets for, I need some research time.
ditto. . .i almost dropped $350 on Nickelback tickets today but now i'd like to see if i'll be able to get them with points. . .sure it probalby wouldn't be the VIP box I was gonna buy but even the GA tickets are sold out for the Gorge in WA.

Would love to use points on even GA ones.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 5:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
so i take it we can't see the list till noon on Monday????

my life only involves the Jonas brothers or Hannah Montana.. so thats what I'm looking for LOL
Old Jun 25, 2009, 5:33 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AA EXP
Hoping for Phish tickets!
Old Jun 25, 2009, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by longtimereader
I am Gold and got this email.

Yes, but we only get 1 soap per show
Old Jun 25, 2009, 8:23 pm

lets see if I could score a pair of U2/Nickel Back VIP tix, I'll be happy to part w/ 5/10K spg for them lets wish us luck FTers!
Old Jun 25, 2009, 8:35 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
Bummer, on an airplane when this goes live. If it's anything like the NCAA tickets, I'm screwed. Thanks to the OP for pointing out, though.

IMO, another great promo by SPG. Just requalified for PLAT this week, and loving every minute of it. OK, maybe not the part where I never sleep in my own bed.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 11:11 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Pizzaman
Bummer, on an airplane when this goes live. If it's anything like the NCAA tickets, I'm screwed. Thanks to the OP for pointing out, though...
Well, you should probably be made aware that this is not the last of these offers. IIRC, there will be at least one more round before the summer ends.

Also, you and some others asked which bands would be available on the other thread, so SPG decided to tip their hand a bit and name the bands involved:

Coldplay
Elton John/Billy Joel
Jonas Brothers
Keith Urban
U2
Dave Matthews Band
Nickelback
No Doubt
Depeche Mode
The Fray

The cities where these concerts will be held will vary, but major markets like New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles are included.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jun 26, 2009, 11:35 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
William, is it possible to generalize about the locations of these tickets in relation to the stage? For instance, with the Final 4 promotion, it's at least my impression that all or most of the tickets were in the "pretty darn good" range, but none equivalent to a first row or skybox, and none in "nosebleed land." Would that also characterize these tickets, or are they a random mix?
Old Jun 26, 2009, 12:12 pm

thanks William!

I am about to go bankcrupt on spg w/ Coldplay, U2, DMB, Nickelback! 40k spg gone one summer just on concerts... thank spg for the free weekend nights!
Old Jun 26, 2009, 12:13 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
From the T&Cs, this may help some folks up in this area...

Limit one pair of tickets per member, except for the following, which have two sets of three tickets available:
Wantagh, NY
Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
Row OO 5–7 and Row PP 17–19.

Sounds as if this will be very similar to the NCAA promo's ticket delivery structure but with some minor improvements. "Physical tickets will be delivered a minimum of five (5) days prior to the event to the address entered upon reserving tickets. Signature will be required."
Old Jun 26, 2009, 12:22 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Nothing in EUROPE???
Old Jun 26, 2009, 12:26 pm

hi sc flier I feel dumb as I can't locate the T&C for the offer. do u have a link to the t&C for this promo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.