Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Need Advice on how to Book Le Meridien Nice, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2009, 1:42 am
Original Poster

I am going to a wedding in the South of France and decided to make a whole vacation of it. However, the wedding partly coincides with the Cannes film festival. I cashed in my Starpoints and have booked four nights at Le Meridien Nice on from May 25-May 29. However, I need that Sunday night the 24th as well but it is showing it is not available. I know the film festival ends that Sunday and I am sure people are leaving. I have a suspicion that Le Meridien is holding rooms. I would not have to use any extra points for that room because of the 5th night free promotion. Any advice on what or anything I can do to get that room for the 24th. I am not easily offended so feel free to tell me there is no hope.

p.s. I emailed the hotel with no response yet. I have not yet called.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 3:15 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by tamcan1
Hi tamcan1,

Mind if I find out which email address have you sent your enquiry to?

The hotel is reflecting almost full capacity on 24th May so I am not sure if I can help.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Mar 16, 2009, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tamcan1
Don't expect that to work. Award reservations are made by contacting SPG reservations by phone, or on-line. By phone with the hotel and email to hotel are not generally supported award reservation methods.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 12:42 pm
Community Director Emerita

I believe that your problem is the Monaco Grand Prix instead of the Cannes Film Festival. I used to go to the Cannes Film Festival for work; you are correct that very few people are still in town for the final night. Still, in Cannes, most hotels have a 5 to 10 day minimum booking requirement. Companies such as Victoria Secret are required to book rooms for that duration and actually only need them 3 or 4 days. Often, a good hotel concierge who is liberally tipped can help get a person in on the day. But I don't think that's your problem in Nice.

The Monaco Grand Prix is 21 to 24 May 2009. You'd best be making a backup plan for the 24th, just in case Le Meridien Nice does not become available. I would also call Starwood reservations and see if an upgraded room is available that night with the use of additional starpoints.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.