Wiki Posts
Search

expiring credit card on booked stays

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2009, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
expiring credit card on booked stays

Hi, I have a number of upcoming C&P stays and the credit card in my account at the time I made the reservations was actually not valid (reported lost, now replaced with a new number). Both hotels I am staying at have now gone up in category so I don't want to cancel and rebook. Am I in any danger of having my reservations canceled because the credit card is not valid, and if so, what steps can/do I take to make sure there is no problem?

Thanks
Old Mar 15, 2009, 11:25 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by psychtobe
Hi, I have a number of upcoming C&P stays and the credit card in my account at the time I made the reservations was actually not valid (reported lost, now replaced with a new number). Both hotels I am staying at have now gone up in category so I don't want to cancel and rebook. Am I in any danger of having my reservations canceled because the credit card is not valid, and if so, what steps can/do I take to make sure there is no problem?

Thanks
Hi psychtobe,

You may inform the counter staff during check in that your CC has been misplaced and to charge it to the rnew card. It happens to me before(a couple of times.. hehe).

However, this does not apply to pre-paid bookings or bookings that require a deposit, which will require you to notify the property immediately.

Hope this helps.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.