Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Mobil awards 4 and 5 stars to several Starwood properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2009, 11:14 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

It's interesting to browse thru the list, and see who Mobil thinks is worthy of 4 or 5 stars.

http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2...9_Mobil51.html

Marriott has no representation. Hyatt has 3. Hilton has 2. Starwood has finished well, with 10 properties that I noted.

• St. Regis Hotel, San Francisco, San Francisco
  • St. Regis Resort, Monarch Beach, Dana Point
  • US Grant Hotel, San Diego
  • St. Regis Resort, Aspen, Aspen
  • St. Regis Washington D.C., Washington D.C.
  • St. Regis Hotel, New York, New York
  • St. Regis, Houston, Houston
  • Phoenician, Scottsdale
  • Hotel Ivy, Minneapolis
  • St Regis Beijing

No surprise, the Starwood properties are either part of the St Regis or Luxury Collection groups.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 12:23 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
There is actually a thread in the Marriott forum on this topic. It seems there is a lot of discussion around whether Ritz Carlton is considered a Marriott property or not. (Awards can be used there, but no points earning at RCs.) (If so, Marriott has about 15 or so properties.)

Actually, I wasn't surprised by the St. Regis listings. I was somewhat surprised on the Lux. Coll. entries based on some of the threads questioning its "positioning" within the hotel market. (Plus I am planning a San Diego vacation in March and while the posts for the Grant Hotel aren't bad, they definitely don't make it seem like it would make this type of list.)
Old Feb 4, 2009, 1:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
Good showing for Starwood, but the list in general seems to tend toward the safe and obvious, which might be why landmarks like the US Grant are there. The Ivy is a little bolder though -- good for Minnaeapolis. And do they only rank hotel restaurants, or is there just a weird attraction to them -- e.g. the only two ranked restaurants in Philadelphia are in the best two hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.