Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Airport Lounge at Delhi Airport?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2009, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Sheraton Airport Lounge at Delhi Airport?

Hola,

In researching my upcoming trip to Delhi, I noticed on the Priority Pass website that there is a lounge at the Dehli airport branded with the Sheraton name.

http://www.prioritypass.com/IT/salet...ge-details.cfm

Is this really a Sheraton lounge? Is it affiliated with *wood? And, more importantly, do I have use of its facilities with my plat status?

Merci!!! :-:
Old Feb 1, 2009, 5:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by theblakefish
Hola,

In researching my upcoming trip to Delhi, I noticed on the Priority Pass website that there is a lounge at the Dehli airport branded with the Sheraton name.

http://www.prioritypass.com/IT/salet...ge-details.cfm

Is this really a Sheraton lounge? Is it affiliated with *wood? And, more importantly, do I have use of its facilities with my plat status?

Merci!!! :-:
All airport lounge access in India requires you to have an invitation card issued at check in.

This lounge I believe is associated with the Maurya Sheraton, the other PP lounge is the Clipper Lounge. If you stay in the Maurya, you should ask at reception before check out to give you a lounge access card. I am not sure whether you would be able to gain access if you have stayed at one of the other Starwood properties in Delhi, but you can but ask. Please post back and let us know how you got on if you decide to try and use it.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 9:27 am
Community Director Emerita

There are a number of airport lounges in Asian countries that are operated by major hotels in that city. I believe that Taj also operates some lounges in India. The hotels have hospitality experience, and are assumed to be good providers of said service for the airlines. I've never seen one where having been a guest of the relevant hotel meant I was given access. Rather, the lounges have contracted with specific airlines. I believe that the Maurya Sheraton Lounge at the Delhi Airport provides service for AA passengers among others.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Feb 1, 2009 at 10:13 am
Old Feb 1, 2009, 10:38 am

Location: London (UK), Kolkata (India), and a part of the Netherlands you wouldn't like to visit (aka Purmerend)!
Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
The Sheraton Lounge is not available for Maurya hotel guests or for Starwood elite members. It's a multi-airline lounge for 1st and business ticket holders of Singapore Airlines, Aeroflot, Turkish airlines, and numerous others, including Priority Pass. Although they are meant to allow airline program members with elite status in (according to the program) when holding economy tickets, I have heard that whenever someone attempts this, the lounge is miraculously full....and then a J class ticket holder will walk in without problems.

I have used the lounge when flying SQ on J class....not a great lounge, and you won't miss out much. Service is good, facilities are poor, they are contracted to far too many airlines and only give you two complimentary drinks. It's as busy inside the lounge sometimes as it is outside! Better very late on.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 11:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
There are a number of airport lounges in Asian countries that are operated by major hotels in that city. I believe that Taj also operates some lounges in India. The hotels have hospitality experience, and are assumed to be good providers of said service for the airlines. I've never seen one where having been a guest of the relevant hotel meant I was given access. Rather, the lounges have contracted with specific airlines. I believe that the Maurya Sheraton Lounge at the Delhi Airport provides service for AA passengers among others.
When I have stayed at ITC properties in Chennai, Mumbai and Delhi I have always been asked by the manager of the hotel if I am ok for lounge access at the respective airports. Therefore I took this to mean they could get me access to their affiliated lounges in the airports, so for theblakefish I would say it is definitely worth asking if you do decide to stay at The Maurya.

Next time I am there I will also ask the hotel manager for clarification on this.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
I haven't tried accessing any of the Sheraton airport lounges in India, but in Bangladesh Sheraton Dhaka guests are charged $10 to use the Sheraton lounge in the airport (the only lounge at the airport). The $10 fee isn't waived for Platinums or anyone else. I'm not sure what the charge is for non-guests (it may well be the same) as I didn't try to use the lounge. I wouldn't be surprised if the Indian lounges are operated similarly (though it may be different as I believe the Dhaka property is government-owned).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.