Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cbellero
Transportation Resort Charge Policy

The resort will arrange combined speedboat transfers to and from Male International Airport and the fee is 136 USD per person (inclusive of the 12% GST and 10% Service Charge). International flight details are required to arrange transfers.

Some rate plans are inclusive of the transfer fee. Please check the rate description. Other terms and conditions may apply.

As of March 2021, hotel website states speedboat transfer is complimentary.

Information for Guests with Children

Due to the design and the general layout of our Water Bungalow, Water Villa, Water Suite and Ocean Villa children below the age of 12 cannot be accommodated in these room types. Children above the age of 12 are allowed when staying with a parent (maximum of 2 pax per room including child).

Please contact the resort for further information.

Mandatory Transportation Information

The resort is just a short 20 - 25 minutes speed boat ride away from Male' Airport.

Please contact the resort at sheraton dot maldives at sheraton dot com for transportation arrangements or fill in your details here.
  • Transportation is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
  • The cost for the combined roundtrip transfer service from/to MLE International Airport is 136 USD per person.
  • Please note that all speedboat transfers are subject to weather conditions and may not be able to operate in extreme weather.
  • Advance notice for changes is required at (960) 665 0225 x4.

New Green Tax Beginning November 1, 2015

Beginning November 1, 2015, a new Green Tax of 6 USD per day per person will go into effect. This will be in addition to the 10% Service Charge and the 12% Goods and Services Tax.

Mandatory New Year's Eve Dinner: December 31, 2015

There will be a compulsory New Year's Eve dinner supplement for all guests staying over or arriving on December 31, 2015. The rate is 431 USD per adult and 172 USD per child ages 2 to 11. This will be automatically added to the room bill. Please contact the resort for further information.

Reaching out to the hotel
[email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2011, 11:35 pm

Programs: SPG Plat & IC Amb
Airport to resort at night

Is is possible transfer to resort at night?
I'm planning a trip and my flight would arrive around 10pm.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 9:50 am

No. At least, when we arrived at 11 pm.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 2:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by george_p12
No. At least, when we arrived at 11 pm.
SPG.com states that the transfer is available 24/7.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: *A Gold, ST Gold; SPG Plat
Question

I am wondering if anyone has experience with both:
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
and
Hilton Maldives/Iru Fushi Resort & Spa

I'm currently booked at the Sheraton but for the price of a basic Beach-Front I can get a Water Villa at the Hilton.

The downside to the Hilton is the $500pp plane transfer vs. the relatively inexpensive boat transfer at the Sheraton.

Leaving aside the room type and cost of transfers, is there anything that really distinguishes those resorts that would help me decided one way or the other?

FWIW, I'm an SPG Plat and HH Gold but I gather at these type of properties, that matters little (and both rates already include breakfast). Then again, have any SPG Golds or Plats been given an upgrade to a Water Bungalow?

Caesar

Last edited by caesar04; Jul 18, 2011 at 7:37 am Reason: Clarification
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: SPG,United Mileage Plus, HHonors
From all the previous posts I am a bit confused- Is this a decent property to Honeymoon to?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 4:16 pm

Regarding transfers, yes this is available any hour. I arrived late after 11pm if I recall and had no trouble.

I felt the property was suitable for honeymooners. Plenty of quoted areas and the over water bungalows were nice. Because it's close to the airport and Male it's not exactly secluded. But then that means there are more daily excursion options.

One of the best things about this resort is the number and variety of restaurants.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: SPG,United Mileage Plus, HHonors
Thanks
Old Jul 31, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Plat, Star G, HH Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by kimusc
Is is possible transfer to resort at night?
I'm planning a trip and my flight would arrive around 10pm.
We got a transfer non problem around 10pm.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 3:36 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat
Anybody know of the right contact details for GM or assistant GM? I plan to head out there soon and want to combine a paid stay in the ocean villas with my 3 free night awards. I want to see if they'll leave me in the Ocean Villas after the 4 nights of paid stay (subject to availability of course and recognising that they won't be part of the upgrade pool but hoping for something discretionary).
Thanks
Old Aug 24, 2011, 4:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by caesar04
I am wondering if anyone has experience with both:
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
and
Hilton Maldives/Iru Fushi Resort & Spa

I'm currently booked at the Sheraton but for the price of a basic Beach-Front I can get a Water Villa at the Hilton.

The downside to the Hilton is the $500pp plane transfer vs. the relatively inexpensive boat transfer at the Sheraton.

Leaving aside the room type and cost of transfers, is there anything that really distinguishes those resorts that would help me decided one way or the other?
You may want to check out this thread in the Hilton forum. Seesm the person stayed at both and definitely leaning towards Hilton:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...s-reviews.html

FWIW, I'm an SPG Plat and HH Gold but I gather at these type of properties, that matters little (and both rates already include breakfast). Then again, have any SPG Golds or Plats been given an upgrade to a Water Bungalow?

Caesar

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Aug 24, 2011 at 5:38 pm Reason: Redid quote codes so response is more obvious
Old Aug 26, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Plat, Star G, HH Diamond, Hertz 5*
I was there for 6 nights last year, 4 non paid- 2 paid, we were upgraded to a water bungalow the second night. I booked a water bungalow for the paid nights, in hopes of getting upgraded the entire time. We had to 'fight' for the upgrade, after getting the run around from everyone at the front desk. We actually ended up staying in all three room types because of numerous issues with changing rooms, check out, etc. The property is disorganized when it comes to dealing with guests, just a heads up!

Also, the mini bar is cheaper than the actual bar
Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SFOisHome
The property is disorganized when it comes to dealing with guests, just a heads up!
i did not experience anything of this sort when i was there....my friends have stayed here as well & even they said the service was good....
Old Aug 28, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Rewards Platinum AC SE100K, UA 1K
Sheraton Maldives - A Home Run on the SPG Free Night promotion!

My Full review with pics and videos

Overall :

This was a lifetime experience - not just for a jaded traveller for me, but for anyone. The resort is spectacular, the water is breathtaking and the food/service are stellar.

From a service perspective, as Platinum SPG guest, we definitely got royal treatment. Other members on frequent flyer forums complained about the service, but personally I felt that the staff bent over backwards to ensure that as a SPG Platinum guest - I had THE BEST POSSIBLE experience. While I had issues with the air-conditioning at the hotel, what makes the difference between hotels, is the resolution and they performed phenomenally.

This was one hotel where I didn’t expect reliable internet service, and I was extremely surprised that they had VERY reliable and consistent wired internet coverage in my room, and there is free WiFi in the main lobby.

So overall, yet another “home run” for the the “SPG Free Nights” promotion … and the Maldives is really a paradise - if only everyone could get there to see it. When I come back, I’m only staying here - points, promo or not

Old Aug 28, 2011, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Thanks,

Heading there for my bday. Great pics. video and tips!

Originally Posted by naparima

Overall :

This was a lifetime experience - not just for a jaded traveller for me, but for anyone. The resort is spectacular, the water is breathtaking and the food/service are stellar.

From a service perspective, as Platinum SPG guest, we definitely got royal treatment. Other members on frequent flyer forums complained about the service, but personally I felt that the staff bent over backwards to ensure that as a SPG Platinum guest - I had THE BEST POSSIBLE experience. While I had issues with the air-conditioning at the hotel, what makes the difference between hotels, is the resolution and they performed phenomenally.

This was one hotel where I didn’t expect reliable internet service, and I was extremely surprised that they had VERY reliable and consistent wired internet coverage in my room, and there is free WiFi in the main lobby.

So overall, yet another “home run” for the the “SPG Free Nights” promotion … and the Maldives is really a paradise - if only everyone could get there to see it. When I come back, I’m only staying here - points, promo or not

Old Sep 13, 2011, 5:22 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
Just booked 6 nights for the end of October with points. I have been emailing both the hotel and the dive company, Euro-Divers, and both have been responding encouragingly quickly. This is good because after reading all of the above posts I'm not expecting much from being platinum while there. We're not eligible for any possible UG to the over water bungalows because we will have my son with us and that seems to be expressly against policy.

I'll post while I'm there if anyone has any questions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.