Search

Gold Customer Benefits on an Expedia booking

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2008, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: united mileage, delta mileage, starwoods gold,hyatt gold passport
Cool Gold Customer Benefits on an Expedia booking

Hi
I am booked to stay at Sheraton Center Toronto Downtown for this weekend. I am a Gold member but I booked my room through expedia. I called to ask for some perks at the hotel directly but they said they cant even touch my reservation since its not booked through starwoods and would not give me any perks whatsoever. is that standard? this will be first stay as a Gold member with them.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 4:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG Gold, Fairmont PC Gold, IC Gold
Yes, and as a gold don't expect perks anyways, besides 50% bonus points. BU, you wont get points, or stay credit since you booked through a 3rd party. Additionally, this should be in the Toronto Master Thread.

What kind of "perks" did you call and ask for? They are clearly listed on the SPG site, alont with the T+C's
Old Nov 18, 2008, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Perks

I just asked for a rollaway bed in the room and an early check in if possible. The lady was extremely rude on the phone.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 4:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Exclamation

Originally Posted by zee628
Hi
I am booked to stay at Sheraton Center Toronto Downtown for this weekend. I am a Gold member but I booked my room through expedia. I called to ask for some perks at the hotel directly but they said they cant even touch my reservation since its not booked through starwoods and would not give me any perks whatsoever. is that standard? this will be first stay as a Gold member with them.
Welcome and read the below information.

FAQ: Starwood and 3rd party bookings: any benefits? stay credits?

You can also read more about this in the SPG T&C.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 4:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
I just asked for a rollaway bed in the room and an early check in if possible. The lady was extremely rude on the phone.

Are you under the impression that a roll away bed is a perk?
Old Nov 18, 2008, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

They said it would be an extra fee for a bed. being a gold member i asked if i could get it free. she said NO!
Old Nov 18, 2008, 5:01 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
They said it would be an extra fee for a bed. being a gold member i asked if i could get it free. she said NO!
Well, that would be right in most cases. Early check-ins and rollaways aren't Gold member benefits, but there is no need for anyone to be rude in delivering the message.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Nov 18, 2008, 5:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG Gold, Fairmont PC Gold, IC Gold
A rollaway bed, and early checkin are both not benefits of gold. Late checkout is.

Seems like she handled this correctly. She informed you that a rollaway bed is extra, and she informed you that you could not check in early (hotel full i presume?). Sure, she could have been nicer, but thats not a gold benefit either

On another note, i once stayed here on a 79 dollars/night priceline rate (this hotel is almost always available between 69-99 on PL). I was sent to a normal non-smoking room, it had clearly been smoked in, so I went back to the front desk to tell him I couldn't stay in it, and he offered me a nice King Suite on the 3rd floor in a seperate little hallway. Exceptional service! This was all at 9 AM since my flight had gotten in early. When you get there, just ask if anything is available. Nicely. If not, there is a great little coffee shop, and a seating area with computers and couches.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.