Wiki Posts
Search

Rome - Unclear Rate Terms?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2008, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GGL
Rome - Unclear Rate Terms?

Booking weekend stay in Rome, but unclear and odd conditions. The rate is described as fully prepaid and non-refundable but in the rate details it states that there is (as normally is the case) no charge if you cancel before 6pm on day of arrival. I guess it is non refundable, but if anyone has experience with this sort of discrepancy then let me know.

Rate Description:

Limited Time Offer Fully Prepaid, Non Refundable

Rate Details:

GTD/Deposit policy Credit card required at booking time.
For reservations guaranteed with a form of payment at time of booking, rooms are held until hotel check-out time the day following arrival. For reservations not guaranteed with a form of payment at time of booking, rooms are held until set cancellation time per the rules of the reservation. In the event more guests arrive than can be accommodated due to hotel overbooking or an unforeseen circumstance, and hotel is unable to hold rooms consistent with this room hold policy, hotel will attempt to accommodate guests, at its expense, at a comparable hotel in the area for the oversold night(s), and will pay for transportation to that hotel.

Cancellation Policy If you cancel between 11/08/2008 and 06:00PM hotel time on day of planned arrival, there will be no forfeiture amount. If you cancel after 06:00PM hotel time on day of planned arrival, the forfeiture amount will be EUR 276.00. There may be additional applicable charges and taxes.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Originally Posted by jplondon
Booking weekend stay in Rome, but unclear and odd conditions. The rate is described as fully prepaid and non-refundable but in the rate details it states that there is (as normally is the case) no charge if you cancel before 6pm on day of arrival. I guess it is non refundable, but if anyone has experience with this sort of discrepancy then let me know.

Rate Description:

Limited Time Offer Fully Prepaid, Non Refundable

Rate Details:

GTD/Deposit policy Credit card required at booking time.
For reservations guaranteed with a form of payment at time of booking, rooms are held until hotel check-out time the day following arrival. For reservations not guaranteed with a form of payment at time of booking, rooms are held until set cancellation time per the rules of the reservation. In the event more guests arrive than can be accommodated due to hotel overbooking or an unforeseen circumstance, and hotel is unable to hold rooms consistent with this room hold policy, hotel will attempt to accommodate guests, at its expense, at a comparable hotel in the area for the oversold night(s), and will pay for transportation to that hotel.

Cancellation Policy If you cancel between 11/08/2008 and 06:00PM hotel time on day of planned arrival, there will be no forfeiture amount. If you cancel after 06:00PM hotel time on day of planned arrival, the forfeiture amount will be EUR 276.00. There may be additional applicable charges and taxes.

AFAIK this would be an error. The LTO rate is pre-paid, no cancellations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.