Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Can't get previous stay receipt online?? Seriously?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't get previous stay receipt online?? Seriously?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by heffa
I think you get good front desk staff that makes sure "email folio" is enabled for your stay. There is no automatic settings for getting email folio under SPG account preferences online like Hyatt/Marriott. As I wrote, it works 3/4 of the times after I remind them of email folio at checkout.
I'm well aware of how the system works. However, if not clear, I'm referring to the properties reservation system. There could be a discrepancy on how your email is entered.

I'm a creature of habit so the properties I stay in all have my email and I dont even have to ask to receive a folio, it's automatic.

Last edited by KENNECTED; Apr 26, 2017 at 3:04 pm Reason: spelling
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
It's a North American thing. I always get an emailed folio in NA. I rarely if ever get an emailed folio (even when I ask for it) in Europe/Asia.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Hey all - sorry I posted a bomb then ran away. I don't FT much anymore.

Yes my email is correct on my profile, no my company doesn't use Concur for expense reporting, and I usually don't stop by the front desk when checking out because I expect the folio to be emailed as I request when I check-in. But the 10% of the time the hotels don't follow-through on the emailing it turns into a goose chase that can take multiple calls and weeks to get the folio sent. Whereas with Marriott if you don't get the bill you know the folio will be posted a couple days later.

What drives me crazy is the goose chase. SPGs process is fundamentally broken.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:49 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by belynch
I'm done spending hours at the end of every month chasing down receipts for expense reports.
But the 10% of the time the hotels don't follow-through on the emailing it turns into a goose chase that can take multiple calls and weeks to get the folio sent.
Perhaps posters who claim to spend hours/weeks chasing folios should name the hotel(s) involved ?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Perhaps posters who claim to spend hours/weeks chasing folios should name the hotel(s) involved ?
March 2017:
  • Sheraton Crescent (PHX) - took 3 calls and a complaint filed with corporate to get them to send it
  • 4 Points SMF (CA) - took 2 calls and an intervention by SPG Corp
  • Sheraton PDX airport - 1 call and a 3 day wait (habitual offender)

ETA: those that automatically sent it to give credit where credit is due:
Sheraton Pleasenton
Aloft PDX
Westin SFO
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:04 am
Suspended

Hey all - sorry I posted a bomb then ran away. I don't FT much anymore.

Yes my email is correct on my profile, no my company doesn't use Concur for expense reporting, and I usually don't stop by the front desk when checking out because I expect the folio to be emailed as I request when I check-in. But the 10% of the time the hotels don't follow-through on the emailing it turns into a goose chase that can take multiple calls and weeks to get the folio sent. Whereas with Marriott if you don't get the bill you know the folio will be posted a couple days later.

What drives me crazy is the goose chase. SPGs process is fundamentally broken.
I think there is some confusion. IIRC, email addresses in profile may not necessarily linked/sync'd with the properties management system.

Example, I have a friend who book a room at the Westin City in DC. He wanted the receipt sent. The Agent asked for his email, she typed it in. He never got the receipt. Stayed there consistently over a year. Never received a post stay folio. However, he received folio emails from other properties. What we think happened is the agent typed in "..com" instead of ".com" as his email address, in the hotels system. This is why he never received folio's after stay. Once that was corrected, he hasn't had an issue.

This is why I suggest to people to verify the email address the property has on file for you. NOT what is in your SPG Profile.

This may not be the case for everyone, but it was the issue for someone I know personally. Could it be a regional thing? Who knows.

I do think in our "instant access" "self serve" lifestyles, having a folio attached to your account should be implemented.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
SPGs process is fundamentally broken.
I would say the same about MR - if they can put a printed folio under my door the AM of check-out, it's silly that the same folio isn't available digitally at the same time. IMO that's a broken process.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I would say the same about MR - if they can put a printed folio under my door the AM of check-out, it's silly that the same folio isn't available digitally at the same time. IMO that's a broken process.
Won't disagree with it from that perspective. But I've never had to call Marriott to get a folio; let alone multiple times and file corporate complaints with the properties to get them to send me a receipt.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Won't disagree with it from that perspective. But I've never had to call Marriott to get a folio; let alone multiple times and file corporate complaints with the properties to get them to send me a receipt.
You called CCS for a folio? That's deep!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: UAL 1k, FTR Summit
Why no hotel bill/receipt access for SPG

Every single other hotel program allows you to go on-line and view/download/print the room charges/bill. Why not SPG? This seems like a no-brainer....very handy when filling out expense reports and receipts are required. Just saying....
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold; SPG PLT100; Marriott Plt; UA Silver
I generally get the emailed to me when I leave. But, I agree, you should be able to get them online.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I'm sure we will get it once the Marriott IT Borg takes over the SPG site for good.

Of course, you can also look forward to a generally inferior booking experience, live beta testing on consumers that apparently is a hot mess, and no points posting for 48+ hours.

I will happily live with the SPG site as long as I can...
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Yes, it's a known weakness with SPG.

Can't get previous stay receipt online?? Seriously? ...

Starwood needs better folio retrieval ...
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I'm sure we will get it once the Marriott IT Borg takes over the SPG site for good.
I'm not sure that's a correct assumption. There may be something in the Starwood franchise agreements that states that guest folios can only be stored at the hotel. If that's the case, nothing will change until franchise agreements can be modified. That's a multi-year process.

Granted, this is total conjecture, as I've never seen a Starwood franchise agreement. However, the ones I have seen for other chains have had a few quirky items here and there.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Because they never built it.
Because they never prioritized it over other features/improvements.
Because they didn't think it was high on their customers' needs list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.