Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

LEFT NOV 2009: Sheraton Cincinnati North Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LEFT NOV 2009: Sheraton Cincinnati North Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2006, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Arrow LEFT NOV 2009: Sheraton Cincinnati North Hotel [Master Thread]

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060130/20060130005917.html?.v=1

Press Release Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.

Announcing the Sheraton Cincinnati North Hotel
Monday January 30, 1:30 pm ET
It's Got It All - Location, Service and Elegance

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 30, 2006--Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT - News) announces the opening of the Sheraton Cincinnati North Hotel. The hotel, formerly a Radisson, just completed a $20 million renovation to its 257 guest rooms and public space to make it the only full-service hotel within walking distance of Sharonville Convention Center. The hotel is owned by River Cities Hotel Partners which is comprised of Eclectic Holdings LLC, Midd Cities Partners, LLC, and Neyer Holdings and is licensed as a Sheraton under a long term contract.

"We are proud to have the Sheraton Cincinnati North as part of our family of upscale hotels," said Joe Gelchion, senior vice president, Sheraton Hotels and Resorts Worldwide. "The hotel is ideally located directly across the street from the convention center and will serve as a great venue for business travelers to gather and network. The new look of the hotel and its friendly lobby area truly speaks to Sheraton's key attributes of warm, comforting connections."

"This new Sheraton Cincinnati North is being hailed as the catalyst that will help bring more conventions and meetings to the Sharonville Convention Center," said Tom Neyer of Neyer Holdings. "The area is rebounding with downtown revitalization and Northern Kentucky and Greater Cincinnati suburban growth. With the convention center's 28,000 sq. ft. of function space and the 17,000 square feet of flexible meeting space at the hotel, we offer the perfect meeting destination."

Renovations include an elegant new main entrance and lobby, a lobby bar and a full-service restaurant, Blue Point Grill that will feature a joiners' table designed to promote mingling and dining with other local, national and international executives staying at the hotel or just stopping in for a meal. Event space consists of 17,000 square feet of meeting space offering 16 separate rooms including The Grand Ballroom which makes a dramatic, elegant statement, and can be divided into nine sections.

The Sheraton Cincinnati North will offer the new, beautifully designed Riverside interior package for guestrooms boasting gracious shapes and fabrics, warm, rich creamy tones and textures, subdued Damask patterns mixed with faded florals along with highly polished honey-colored woods. Each guest room will feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper(SM) Bed, known for its comfort with its plush top mattress, down pillows, crisp sheets and plump duvets. Sheraton Club Floor levels offer a private, comfortable setting with upgraded amenities and personalized concierge services for the busy executive. A top floor Presidential Suite is elegantly appointed with a separate spacious bedroom and living room for relaxing, entertaining or doing business.

Additional guest services include both an indoor and outdoor pool, well-equipped fitness center and a fully equipped business center conveniently located close to the lobby and along the meeting space hallway.

Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 9:15 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Cool! This will help me maintain status and earn points... ahem, <cough> <cough>, that is... stay productive on the road and ensure that I awake refreshed for business... when I visit P&G.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 9:44 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I've had a few stays at this property now, in fact I type from the PC in the 12th floor lounge. I get "upgraded" to the 12th floor every time as a plat. two free bottles of water, good decent sized outdoor pool, indoor pool is smaller and is not a lap pool. Workout room consists of dumbells, some machines, treadmills, all in good condition.

The property generally has cheap rates, free parking.

CVG has been a very expensive airport to fly in/out of (I've heard most expensive in US), so I've been flying to DAY (1 hr drive to Cincinnati, 45 min to Sheraton North hotel). DAY is getting steep as well as more flyers know the "secret".

Within 2-3 miles of the hotel are plenty of restaurants (chains, sushi, BBQ, independents) as well as FedEx/Kinko's, Macy's, Target.

Downtown Cincinnati is such a dump that I'd rather drive a bit and save some $$$.

--

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Nov 12, 2006 at 3:13 pm
Old May 2, 2009, 11:13 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
<bump>

I spent the week at this hotel - I thought I'd drop a note.

The hotel is a typical Sheraton but the staff is very friendly. I got upgraded to a very large suite with wet bar, dining area, kitchen etc ... Impressive.

The hotel is a little dated but just fine with very reasonable rates. Definitely a good option if you are doing business in the northern 'burbs like Sharonville, Mason etc.

An indoor water park is now attached to this hotel called Coco Key. I didn't get a chance to check it out, but I spoke to some people at the client I was visiting and they said it's pretty cool. It's kept at 84 degrees year round and has a tiki bar ... so I could see that as appealing especially in winter.

This was only my second visit to CVG ... So I ventured downtown and I thought it was actually quite nice. The area around the Aronoff center has a lot of great restaurants including a fantastic Tapas place called Bootsy's (I think). Also Cadillac Ranch and Fountain Square were nice to walk around.
Old May 16, 2009, 10:46 pm

Sheraton Cincinnati - North

Wife and I stayed there for 5 nites in April, 2009 (last month). Nice hotel, except as a convention- type hotel, it's a looooong walk from the lobby to the elevators.
Got upgraded to the 11th floor, with 12th floor Sheraton Club privileges.
QUESTION: What happened to the Sheraton 5th nite free plan. We were there for 5 consecutive nittes, and got charged points for each of the 5 nites. Shouldn't the 5th consecutive nite be free? No points?
Am I entitled to a refund for the points I got charged for the 5th nite?
Lurker?
Old May 17, 2009, 9:44 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by sawsmanfc
QUESTION: What happened to the Sheraton 5th nite free plan. We were there for 5 consecutive nittes, and got charged points for each of the 5 nites. Shouldn't the 5th consecutive nite be free? No points?
Am I entitled to a refund for the points I got charged for the 5th nite?
Lurker?
Dearest sawsmanfc,

According to the T&Cs listed on spg.com,

"Fifth Night Free!
Redeem five nights and your fifth night is free at category 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 hotels."

Unfortunately, Sheraton Cincinnati North is a Category 2 property. Therefore, the 5th night free benefit would not be applicable.

Hope this answers your concerns.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Oct 24, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: AC E, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, AA basic
Leaving November 17 2009 - Sheraton Cincinnati North [Master Thread]

Special Conditions
Leaving Starwood on November 17, 2009

The Sheraton Cincinnati North Hotel will be leaving the Starwood system on November 17, 2009. Reservations for dates on or after November 17, 2009, will not be eligible for Starwood Preferred Guest membership benefits, award redemption or accrual.
It's turning into a Crowne Plaza.
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/...lsearchresults

This is a pity. The Sheraton Cincinnati North wasn't a great hotel (as a Plat, they just gave me complimentary breakfast, with no Club Lounge), and Sharonville is admittedly far away from everything with the exception of I-75. But, the hotel was of adequate quality, and superb value as a Category 2.

In 2010, the only Starwood in the Cincinnati area will be the downtown Westin. This is saddenning. First, Delta Air seems to be abandoning CVG, and now Starwood is scaling back.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:10 am

Programs: Starwood and NWA Plat
This really really stinks. This hotel was middle tier at best, but they always treated you right. I take my entire extended family here twice a year for the weekend and go to Kings Island amusement park. I was nice to be able to treat everyone to a free hotel weekend and the family spend the weekend together! I sure hope Starwood looks to pick up another location in this area. The Four Points in the area left *wood about 5 years ago and now this one!!!! Sad day!
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:26 am

Programs: On Sabbatical, BA Bronze
I've been staying at this property this week. Looks like tonight will be my last day here.

While I agree it wasn't in the upper tier of even US Sheratons, it was a nice 10 minute drive away from our Cincy office located in Mason. With the airport property having left as well, I too will most likely not be staying with Starwood in the CVG area.

Another one crossed off the list. This is getting serious.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hilton-DIA, IHG-Plat Amb, Hyatt-DIA, SPG-Plat & 3 star, Marriott-Gold, Nat'l-Exec, NWA-Sil
Too bad.....another gone - the Westin downtown is not "convenient" and the "airport hotel of the year" Sheraton is now a Doubletree. SPG needs some other property in the area.........
Old Nov 10, 2009, 6:13 am

Just to update they already basically shut down the lounge. Last night was "closed for private function" whatever that means it was empty, this morning all they have is the little fridge with cokes in it. No more food/coffee in the morning. I asked when leaving and they said they no longer serve food in the lounge. I was pretty pissed considering I pay a few bucks extra so I can grab milk/cereal and go in the morning. I guess they should change the name from lounge to room that holds a fridge of cokes.....

They did give me breakfast coupons when checking in, but I used to book that floor since I could grab food with me to go easily in the morning. They used to give me those when the lounge was open so I assume it is tied to my corp rate. They also mentioned matching the status but I didn't care about it.

Seriously the place has turned pretty dumpy over the years, I just stay due to location. The Westin is nothing great and further away for me, but I'll just head there going forward. It just annoys me to pay $15 parking when staying there....
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:21 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, DL Gold, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
I'm staying here tomorrow night. Most of the rates I saw (including the cheapest one, which I took) included free cont. breakfast, plus free wireless. Neither of these were offered in the past (though I could always get breakfast in the lounge). Too bad there won't be any 'reasonably' priced Starwood hotels in the Cinci area after next week. I'll miss this hotel for helping me earn stay credits.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:35 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
I have a client near this hotel and stayed at it several times. It is a shame ... this hotel was not glamorous, but was completely sufficient and priced correctly.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 3:42 pm

all the water park sheratons are leaving. this becomes crowne plaza.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:22 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Originally Posted by HOTguy
all the water park sheratons are leaving.

ALL of them?

I have received no notice and there is no mention on the webiste that the Arlington Heights, IL (NW Chicago) Sheraton will be leaving SPG. The Hotel has CoCo Key water park similar to other Sheratons. Where did you hear all water park Sheratons are leaving Starwood?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.