Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Four Points Olympia Park, Munich, Germany, LEAVING SPG 23 Oct '16 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2016, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Leaving Starwood on October 23, 2016

The Four Points by Sheraton Munich Olympiapark will be leaving the Starwood system on October 23, 2016. Reservations for dates on or after October 23, 2016, will not be eligible for Starwood Preferred Guest membership benefits, award redemption or accrual.
Print Wikipost

Four Points Olympia Park, Munich, Germany, LEAVING SPG 23 Oct '16 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2010, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA and HH
I just booked a room for 1/13/11 for an overnight before I head to the SZG Brew DO. I found a rate of about $14 all in through Kayak.com (3rd party site). I was able to book and get a confirmation number. I figured I'd post this here first for other that might be interested then call SPG next week to confirm my reservation and rate.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by cruiser9999
I stayed there last month. One of the better Four Points that I have recently stayed at - it was a bit hard to find (as it is in the midst of the Olympic complex) but once there, no problems whatever. Maybe because I am plat we had a good room but the furnishings were new and everything was clean. The majority of guests were there on business.
Is there anything else to say about this hotel?

As far as I figured out it has no lounge and no swimming pool. I assume there is also no there is also no complimentary breakfast and no complimentary minibar for Plats
Old Mar 29, 2011, 1:53 am

oktoberfest

Any update on this place for oktoberfest? just booked a spg50 ticket and got the last one available and would like to know how is it for a "camp site" as some other thread said. I plan on just sleeping there. But with that said how is it using public transportation at night- late night?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:08 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
Is there anything else to say about this hotel?

As far as I figured out it has no lounge and no swimming pool. I assume there is also no there is also no complimentary breakfast and no complimentary minibar for Plats
You're right that there is no lounge or swimming pool. If the weather is fine, you can go jogging over in the Olympiapark which is quite nice.

There is no complimentary breakfast, but the minibar is free for Plats (maybe even for non-Plats). However I wouldn't take my breakfast there, because it costs much more (15 EUR if I recall correctly) and there are 2-3 bakeries directly outside the backdoor entry, which offer fresh German bread, pastries and fresh coffee or tea for just a few Euros.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:19 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
Originally Posted by blimpin aint easy
Any update on this place for oktoberfest? just booked a spg50 ticket and got the last one available and would like to know how is it for a "camp site" as some other thread said. I plan on just sleeping there. But with that said how is it using public transportation at night- late night?
The hotel is easily reachable via underground train. It is a five minute walk from the Olympiapark station (U3 if I recall correctly) to the hotel. From Theresienwiese (where the Oktoberfest is located) it should be a 20-25 minute ride. Be advised that the Oktoberfest ends at 11PM in the evening, so it should be no problem at all to catch a train back. For getting back from an after-Wiesn-party somewhere between 1AM and 5AM a taxi is probably more advisable.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 3:46 am

The minibar was free in the executive rooms which was the standard and only available upgrade for plats. Now it is not anymore but 20% discount on food and drinks.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
My one stay here in 2006 was highly disappointing. It was like living in my college dorm again -- uncomfortable bedding, no A/C, weird smells in the hallway...
Old Jun 4, 2011, 4:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by charder
The minibar was free in the executive rooms which was the standard and only available upgrade for plats. Now it is not anymore but 20% discount on food and drinks.
No more minibar = no more a reason for me to go there :-)
Old Jun 4, 2011, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by maize&blue
My one stay here in 2006 was highly disappointing. It was like living in my college dorm again -- uncomfortable bedding, no A/C, weird smells in the hallway...
On the website it says that the hotel was completely renovated in 2008. Can someone confirm that this place is now up to standards?

(SunshineStay, I see that you have stayed there recently. But you don't mention the condition of the rooms.)
Old Sep 29, 2011, 4:13 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
4P Olympia soon to leave Starwood?

I've heared rumors that some Munich Starwood properties are about to leave Starwood, the 4P Olympia among them. Can someone confirm or, better, deny this information? I am just starting to travel to Munich for business purposes on a regular basis and was planning to stay most of the time at the 4P Olympia. Would be a pity if no affordable Starwood in Munich would be available anymore.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
I checked in last night. I am here for 2 nights. I am a platinum member and was upgraded to an executive room.

I have never stayed here before so I don't know how this room compares to their standard room.

A few observations:

1) check-in lady was very helpful. attractive blonde always brightens up your day.

2) check-in lady works the front desk and was nice enough to give me a bucket of ice when i asked her if they had an ice machine.

3) room is pretty bare. size is about standard for a US room. Bathroom is a good size. All furnishing are pretty bare...just enough to get the job done...nothing more, nothing less.

4) flat panel TV is nice and inside a wooden enclosure on the wall. TV reception is bad. i don't think a single channel was clear.

5) internet is slow. skype works but barely. uploading a large video file (about 150 megs) takes about 4 hours.

6) wifi comped. no breakfast comp. no minibar comp for platinum.

7) easy walk to the u-bahn and bmw welt.

There's really no reason to stay here unless you have work in the area. I am here because I am picking up a car at BMW Welt and it's walking distance. Otherwise, I would stay in the center of town...probably at the Le Meridien.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:54 am

The hotel offers 20% discount at the bar for platin guest instead of the free minibar in the past.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 1:27 am

The 4P Olympiapark has a promo running called "40 rooms for 40€", celebrating the 40th birthday of the Olympiapark, where the hotel resides. The rate can be booked on the hotel's website and is based on availability of course.

On a related note: The hotel now features a fitness room.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Had a one-night stay here about 10 days ago. The property is not aesthetically pleasing, from the parking garage to (especially) the hallways on floors with guest rooms. However, the lobby area looks okay, and the breakfast was actually surprisingly good - German and American options plus espresso machine, lots of pastries, Nutella, muesli, Canadian maple syrup, etc. Maybe it was because it was Sunday morning, but we were taken aback by the relative lavishness of the breakfast. It wasn't anything to go out of your way for - the only juice that was available came out of a machine, for example - but it certainly helped make up for the lack of A/C and strange-feeling guest floors.

Rate was something like 74 euro, parking and breakfast were included.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
Had a very nice stay here in May 2015. The hotel was nothing too fancy, but it definitely met my expectations for what I would expect from a Four Points brand.

Pros:
-Very Friendly Staff, who followed through and helped with any questions/concerns.
-Short walk to U-Bahn station, with frequent subway trains to central Munich (and central train station)
-Breakfast buffet spread was very good every day, having a large selection with both German and American options. I used this as my Platinum perk, so I am not sure what the regular cost would be.
-Low price and convienent parking in adjacent ramp.
-Short walk to BMW complex.
-Nice television with many channels, and good Wi-Fi.

Cons:
- Exterior building decor is older (complex is from 1972 Olympics).
- The bathroom and room decor was somewhat plain, but still very functional and clean.
- While the walk is short and easy from the U-bahn station, it is a bit confusing the first time coming from the U-bahn station as to where the hotel entrance is... as the hotel building is part of a large complex of apartment buildings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.