Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cancel SPG amex and reapply?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2008, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
I signed up last year and got 10k points. This year when my card came up for renewal I asked about getting the 15K spend 15k bonus and they said it cannot be added. I think I could have cancelled and the applied and got the 15 but not the 10K I already received. I did this with HH Amex and got all the additional bonuses. The reason I did not cancel was because I had already spent over $10k on the card this year toward the $30K for gold. They did give me 5,000 for renewing. I may apply for a new one at the end of this year if they are offering the 15k spend bonus.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 9:46 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by cstead
I believe that since the biz card is tied to fictitious-name and TID, you should be able to.
Hi

Actually I would suggest a call to Amex to find out. Basically, the reply we have been given from AMEX is "cardmembers are only able to be the basic member on their own business" which can be pretty vague, depending how you look at it.

Do call us AMEX to find out in this case.

Thank you and have a great week ahead.

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.