Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Question regarding 5th night free and varying weekday/weekend redemption rates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question regarding 5th night free and varying weekday/weekend redemption rates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2008, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Question Question regarding 5th night free and varying weekday/weekend redemption rates

I just made what I thought would be a 5th night free award reservation at a Category 1 hotel. My check-in date is on a Friday with the check-out the following Wednesday. The reservation required 13k Starpoints, with the "Details of total" box displaying the following information:

Free Night Details

2 night(s) for 4000 Starpoints
3 night(s) for 9000 Starpoints

*Note: Requirements for redemption of Starpoints® vary by season and weekday/weekend. Total Starpoints required to book this stay reflect this variation.

So it appears the rate is 2000 points for the first two nights, and 3000 points for the last three nights...for a total of 13k. But what happened to my free night? Shouldn't the total be 10k points, since my 5th night (Tuesday) should be free? It's not a huge deal, but I reserved two rooms, so I'm out an extra 6k points as a result. Am I not entitled to the 5th night free because my stay occurs during two different rate periods?
Old Mar 28, 2008, 9:00 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
5th night free is not applicable to Category 1 and 2.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...ee_nights.html
Old Mar 28, 2008, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Ok, I'm the idiot. Thanks for pointing that out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.