Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Starwood Executive / Club lounges at Westin Properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 26, 2014, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Do Westin Hotels have Lounges ?

Not necessarily. Having a lounge is not a Westin Brand standard. Some properties do, some don't.

Refer to the forum Lounge Master list for more information

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/321600-list-club-lounges.html
Print Wikipost

FAQ : Starwood Executive / Club lounges at Westin Properties

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2014, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by KENNECTED
You've been here a while, I'm surprised you didn't know that Executive Lounges is not a brand standard.
You've been here a while , I'm surprised anything on FT surprises you
Old Dec 26, 2014, 7:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
You've been here a while , I'm surprised anything on FT surprises you
ROFLMAO!
Old Dec 26, 2014, 8:33 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by dshafiee
The Westin in Cleveland has an awesome lounge with free drinks as well. Westin Galleria Dallas also has a lounge with free drinks.

Westin in Indianapolis has one that puts out a small dinner.

Those are the ones I recall in the USA. The nines also has an amazing lounge and it is a luxury property.
Luxury Collection, which does not imply that it's a luxury property.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The Westin lounges that I immediately recall are Westin Galleria Edina (suburban Minneapolis)...
We love that hotel. We're there about once per year. The lounge gets the job done, although there's an Original Pancake House next door, so we sometimes skip the cereal breakfast.

Mike
Old Dec 26, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
No, it's not legal. Please perform a citizen's arrest on the Westin.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Westin in Munich has a very decent club lounge
Old Dec 26, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
I thought that Starwood could introduce a luxury segment of hotels that have a brand standard that includes very nice Club Lounges as part of the standard.

I do not think Starwood have an equivalent of Grand Hyatt, Conrad level of brand that carries very good Club Lounges, and I hope this could be an area where Starwood can improve.

It will be nice if a new brand within Starwood could compete with club lounges vis-a-vis the likes of Grand Hyatt or Conrad, or even better against Shangri-la, Mandarin Oriental, Ritz Carlton, etc.

There was a point where I thought it was possible for Westin to be that brand, but these days, I thought Westins in general, are just slightly better than Sheratons.

What are the really strong club lounges within Starwood that is at Grand Hyatt/Conrad's level in terms of club lounge offerings?

(I believe someone can give their views on the difference between Grand Hyatt / Conrad lounges)
Old Dec 26, 2014, 11:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ZenWorld
I thought that Starwood could introduce a luxury segment of hotels that have a brand standard that includes very nice Club Lounges as part of the standard.

I do not think Starwood have an equivalent of Grand Hyatt, Conrad level of brand that carries very good Club Lounges, and I hope this could be an area where Starwood can improve.

It will be nice if a new brand within Starwood could compete with club lounges vis-a-vis the likes of Grand Hyatt or Conrad, or even better against Shangri-la, Mandarin Oriental, Ritz Carlton, etc.

There was a point where I thought it was possible for Westin to be that brand, but these days, I thought Westins in general, are just slightly better than Sheratons.

What are the really strong club lounges within Starwood that is at Grand Hyatt/Conrad's level in terms of club lounge offerings?

(I believe someone can give their views on the difference between Grand Hyatt / Conrad lounges)

Park Hyatt, Conrad, JW Marriott, Mandarin Oriental and Ritz-Carlton are in the same category as The Luxury Collection and St. Regis brands. Although, I believe, this is off topic.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 11:33 am
Suspended

Oxon Flyer: Thank you for merging the Westin Executive Lounge discussion and creating a wiki!

Although there is an overall "lounge list" perhaps we can list Westin Lounges in this thread?
Old Dec 26, 2014, 11:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Moderator Note

Several thread on this topic have been merged into this consolidated & retitled thread.

A Wiki is also available at the head of the thread for (community) addition of a proper FAQ.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
OP probably mostly stay at Westin in Asia. Many Westin in Asia have lounges while it is rare in North America and Europe. Yes, it is legal.
Bingo. Although I'm a resident in USA but my work is overseas (mostly East Asia) so I'm only used to standards in East Asia. Just taking a vacation with my family in USA and I must say I'm very underwhelmed (or should I say I'm very spoiled by Asian Starwood standards.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.