Wiki Posts
Search

Q2 08 SPG Promo is up!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2008, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire - BA GGL - AF Plat - LH Senator - EK Gold
Exclamation Q2 08 SPG Promo is up!

or there wouldn't be any promos anymore until the winners of Freddie's are announced.. so SPG can justify their generousity over last year and decide if they want to continue with so many promos they have given us the last 12 months

Well, personally I have given SPG everywhere my 10 points, except for Hyatt's Faster Free Nights of course

Mod note:
Link is http://www.spgpromos.com/quarterly/

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Mar 1, 2008 at 7:37 am Reason: Added promo link to first post in thread
Old Feb 23, 2008, 1:00 pm

Exclamation Q2 08 SPG Promo is up!

Hey Guys,

Just signed up for Q2 promo..... here is is (I didn't get an option, it just signed me up for this one):

Make your many business trips well worth the effort with bonuses that richly expand your SPG rewards. Book between February 15 and March 15, 2008, for stays between March 1 and March 31, 2008, and you can earn:

• 4,000 bonus Starpoints® with four eligible stays

• 8,000 bonus Starpoints® with eight eligible stays

• 12,000 bonus Starpoints® with twelve eligible stays

Link is here.

Last edited by AZ Travels the World; Feb 23, 2008 at 3:34 pm Reason: Add link
Old Feb 23, 2008, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt GP Plat
i just signed up as well. my offer:

• 5,000 bonus Starpoints® with five eligible stays

• 10,000 bonus Starpoints® with ten eligible stays

• 15,000 bonus Starpoints® with fifteen eligible stays
Old Feb 23, 2008, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Make your many business trips well worth the effort with bonuses that richly expand your SPG rewards. Between March 1 and May 31, 2008, you can earn:

However, how does it read? Do I get 5,000 points after 5 stays, 10,000 more points after 10 stay, 15,000 more points after 15 stays. This would be the way I read the T&C. But I am pretty sure it is not meant that way - is it?[/I]

Considering that they can get up to 25+ stays from me a quarter, 15 is not really an incentive. Hilton might get back some business....
Old Feb 23, 2008, 1:13 pm

Programs: Bonvoy lifetime platinum elite
here's what i got

860 distinctive properties.
8,000 more reasons to stay.
Let eight marvelous stays deliver 8,000 bonus Starpoints.

Register by April 15, 2008, and with every eight eligible stays between March 1 and May 31, 2008, you'll earn 8,000 bonus Starpoints® (up to 24 stays and 24,000 total bonus Starpoints).

Remember, Starwood Preferred Guest allows you to redeem Starpoints for Free Night Awards without blackout dates or extra point charges on standard rooms — regardless of your member level.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by elihu1991
i just signed up as well. my offer:

I got 4k, 8k and 12k, I must be staying with Starwood too much to get the better offers

I have 6 stays for the year so far and 6 bookings in the next month.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 1:15 pm

Programs: AC, AA, CO, SPG
My offer was:

• 2,000 bonus Starpoints® with two eligible stays

• 6,000 bonus Starpoints® with six eligible stays

Also, my stays all had to be in March, not through May as some others report.

Eh.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 1:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy lifetime platinum elite
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I got 4k, 8k and 12k, I must be staying with Starwood too much to get the better offers

I have 6 stays for the year so far and 6 bookings in the next month.

I have to stay 8 times to get any points at all. If i stay 12 times i only get 8K. if you stay 12 you get 12K pts. sounds unfair to me

I'm not complaining. Thanks for the promo SPG.

Last edited by theplug; Feb 23, 2008 at 1:23 pm
Old Feb 23, 2008, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, Marriott PLT, Hilton GLD, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
I got the

You have successfully registered for this Starwood Preferred Guest® promotion. When you book between February 15 and March 15, 2008, for stays between March 1 and March 31, 2008, you can earn:

• 8,000 bonus Starpoints® with eight eligible stays

• 12,000 bonus Starpoints® with twelve eligible stays

Which isn't good for me for just March... I'll switch the odd couple of Starwood stays I had booked to Marriott to help towards their Megabonus... if I had gotten the March-May offer would have left as is as then have more stays coming up in April/May that would have counted towards it.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 1:27 pm

Programs: UAL 1P, SPG Platinum
Stupid question

do we have to rebook anything or will existing reservations we made prior to getting the bonus qualify? I assume all reservations I already made will qualify.

Here's mine
-------------------------------------------------------------

You have successfully registered for this Starwood Preferred Guest® promotion. You will now earn 8,000 bonus Starpoints® with every eight eligible stays (up to 24 stays and 24,000 total bonus Starpoints) between March 1 and May 31, 2008.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 1:30 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Me too ...

Originally Posted by theplug
I have to stay 8 times to get any points at all. If i stay 12 times i only get 8K. if you stay 12 you get 12K pts. sounds unfair to me

I'm not complaining. Thanks for the promo SPG.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 1:34 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
My Offer was for
1. 6000 Total Bonus Points (2,000 after each second stay)
2. Double Stays

The dates for this were March 1, 2008 - May 31, 2008

I took the double stays,
sdcarver
Old Feb 23, 2008, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Only one trip planned in April so not all bad...

For business travelers, this is justice served.
Make your many business trips well worth the effort with bonuses that richly expand your SPG rewards. Book between February 15 and March 15, 2008, for stays between March 1 and March 31, 2008, and you can earn:

• 3,000 bonus Starpoints® with three eligible stays

• 6,000 bonus Starpoints® with six eligible stays

• 9,000 bonus Starpoints® with nine eligible stays

Remember, Starwood Preferred Guest allows you to redeem Starpoints for Free Night Awards without blackout dates or extra point charges on standard rooms — regardless of your member level.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
My Terms & Conditions

although the main promotion page states for stays booked between February 15th and March 15th the terms and conditions page doesnt make this distinction.

I am going to go out on a limb and suggest as long as you register for the promo by March 15th, and stays in March will qualify for the bonus regardless of when they were booked.

Back to Intercontinental for my April and May stays though, unless I get another promotion option next month!

Terms and Conditions:

Offer is non-transferable and void for Starwood employees. Register online at SPG.com/promo by March 15, 2008. Member can earn 3,000 bonus Starpoints® after every three (3) eligible stays up to a maximum of 9,000 bonus Starpoints. An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-in or check-outs that occur and post to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest® account. Multiple rooms charged to the same member during the same stay will only count as one stay. Stays must be at SPG® participating properties between March 1, 2008, and March 31, 2008. Bonus Starpoints earned will post to the member's account within 2–3 weeks after the qualifying stay posts. This offer cannot be combined with other offers. All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions. Visit SPG.com to view the complete terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest program, see your redemption options and choose your communication preferences. The terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest program are subject to change without notice. To access our privacy information line, please call 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries. Starpoints, SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points by Sheraton, W, Aloft, The Luxury Collection, Le Méridien, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates
Old Feb 23, 2008, 1:49 pm

Well burning the SPG incense must have worked (see my prior post!).

I got the same as Golden Toque (3000 after each 3rd stay for 9k max) OR (this must be where the incense paid off) stays count double for stays between Mar 1 and May 31.

I took the double to get me to plat -- only need a few more.

Though William may want to know that when I go back to the spgpromos page, enter my SPG number, I get a message that:

Our records show that you have already registered for this Starwood Preferred Guest® promotion, giving you the opportunity to earn double stays between May 1 and March 31, 2008.

Oops -- better get them there computer programmers to know how the months follow each other during the year!

Woo hoo.

Here is my fine print:

Terms and Conditions:

Offer is non-transferable and void for Starwood employees. Register online at SPG.com/promo by April 15, 2008. Member can earn 3,000 bonus Starpoints® after every three (3) eligible stays up to a maximum of 9,000 bonus Starpoints OR stays/nights count double. Once selected, the offer cannot be changed. An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that occur and post to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account. Multiple rooms charged to the same member during the same stay will only count as one stay. Stays must be at SPG® participating properties between March 1, 2008, and May 31, 2008. For members who choose bonus Starpoints, bonus Starpoints earned will post to the member's account within 2–3 weeks after the qualifying stay posts. For members who choose double stays, only eligible stays/nights at participating properties that are posted to the member's account after registering will be counted twice. This offer cannot be combined with other offers. All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest® program terms and conditions. Visit SPG.com to view the complete terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest program, see your redemption options and choose your communication preferences. The terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest program are subject to change without notice. To access our privacy information line, please call 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries. Starpoints, SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points by Sheraton, W, Aloft, The Luxury Collection, Le Méridien, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.