Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's with the platinum concierge line?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, SPG Platinum
What's with the platinum concierge line?

Has anybody else noticed that when you call the platinum concierge line, instead of getting connected to a human nearly instantly, you now have to navigate through "enter a number" hell before you can speak to a concierge?

The fastest way I can get through is hit "3", then enter your SPG number (I can't believe I have to do this everytime) and then you get connected.

I am not sure what I am finding more startling - the fact I have to enter some extra numbers and wait an extra 30 seconds to speak to someone, or the fact that I am this impatient!
Old Jan 14, 2008, 12:57 pm

Coincidence -- I was just about to enter a post on the same topic -- I just called the plat line (first time in a while) and ended up in automated voice purgatory; hopefully this is just temporary (like purgatory) but if it isn't the SPG marketeers might want to consider naming the voice like some of the telecoms and cable companies have done to help personalize the experience for the customer.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 6:55 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by macFlyer
Has anybody else noticed that when you call the platinum concierge line, instead of getting connected to a human nearly instantly, you now have to navigate through "enter a number" hell before you can speak to a concierge?

The fastest way I can get through is hit "3", then enter your SPG number (I can't believe I have to do this everytime) and then you get connected.

I am not sure what I am finding more startling - the fact I have to enter some extra numbers and wait an extra 30 seconds to speak to someone, or the fact that I am this impatient!
Since the Plat line # is publicly available on SPG website, would you rather to enter few extra # to ensure only Plats can reach the concierge line, or wait patiently for the CSRs to finishe referring the non-Plats to appropriate phone # before they start to help you out?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by rdchen
Since the Plat line # is publicly available on SPG website, would you rather to enter few extra # to ensure only Plats can reach the concierge line, or wait patiently for the CSRs to finishe referring the non-Plats to appropriate phone # before they start to help you out?
The Plat line # is publicly available? I thought it only showed up on the top of the page if you were in fact Plat. Now of course...it's not that hard to find out, but nevertheless...
Old Jan 14, 2008, 8:49 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by DaDaDan
The Plat line # is publicly available? I thought it only showed up on the top of the page if you were in fact Plat. Now of course...it's not that hard to find out, but nevertheless...
Go to SPG website, click the "Customer Support" link on the upper right, then "phone numbers", select the regions & it will give you the phone #s for preferred, gold & plat. Just like you said, it's not that hard to find out.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:12 pm

Programs: US Chairmans, AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum
I don't know what number you have, but I NEVER seem to wait for a SPG Plat concierge, nor do I use a phone tree. The Plat number does not seem to be publicly available. Please, fellow FTers, do not post it here.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by dankyone
I don't know what number you have, but I NEVER seem to wait for a SPG Plat concierge, nor do I use a phone tree. The Plat number does not seem to be publicly available. Please, fellow FTers, do not post it here.
Uh: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/stregi...enters_na.html
Old Jan 15, 2008, 8:59 am

Programs: Via 1 Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Call the preferred guest line

I tried to call the Platinum number and it said they were having difficulties.
So I called the Preferred Guest number, entered my account number and was transferred to the Platinum department.

Don't know if they resolved the issue. I let the two CSRs know there was a problem.

Hope this helps.

Redstorm
Old Jan 15, 2008, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, SPG Platinum
I don't know what number you have, but I NEVER seem to wait for a SPG Plat concierge, nor do I use a phone tree.
That's the strange thing - it's the same number I've used for the last year and a half - and I NEVER used to have to wait for a concierge - it was only yesterday when I called three times that I got routed to what seemed like the regular service.

And as cranrob pointed out, the number on the website (listed as platinum line) is the same one on the back of my platinum card.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
1. Just tried calling. Got the usual msg and was immediately transferred to Platinum Concierge

2. It doesn't matter if the number is published or not. Whatever your request is, the agent will ask you for your SPG #. If you are not Platinum, BZZZZZ, seeya.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 12:38 pm

Programs: HH Gold, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, AM Gold, Avis First
Same experience for me-have never got the phone tree, I am actually pleasantly surprised at how quickly they respond and the quality of service. Perhaps there is a different route for calls from Canada? Who knows....
Old Jan 15, 2008, 2:12 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
No button pushing contest when you call the Australian (aka Singapore) Platinum line at the moment. Hope it stays this way
Old Jan 15, 2008, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
I had to make to call to 800 number today, and after the brief "SPG-Special Member Services" message and "This call may be recorded," the call was answered promptly. Time on phone indicated 13 seconds after dialling was completed.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 6:28 pm

My issue is slightly different. I have given up calling Platinum Concierge because I don't find them particularly helpful. Some of them are especially unhelpful.

I now use the online email contacts and usually get a faster and better response.

Go figure.

Cheers,
Old Jan 15, 2008, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I agree, it is answered on the first or second ring most of the time and by a human. I ahve never had to enter a number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.