Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Singapore: which Starwood? 2008 on [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore: which Starwood? 2008 on [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:43 am

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
I stayed at the W Singapore this year, just after the GP. Spent the first night at Marina Bay Sands (don't go there!) just so the wife could experience it. Then we spent the rest of the week at the W. Got upgraded to a suite with SNAs. I expected the property to be really busy, but it didn't feel that way. Although there were plenty of families at the W, everything was really well handled, so we didn't mind. The weather in September was really nice. Warm, but not too humid. When I went back in November and it was unpleasantly humid.

I love the W and stay there every time I go to Singapore, about a week every 2-3 months or so. Great staff, great property. It's a bit tricky to get around at first, but once you get organised, it's fine. I take the (8.15?) morning shuttle and return with one of the evening shuttles from the nearby shopping mall.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I strongly recommend Extra Virgin Pizza outside the Westin across the courtyard/atrium area.

Also, you can hop the Downtown line and be at Telok Ayer in one stop with tons of really good and interesting eats.
Or you can walk a block or two from the Westin to the restored historic hawker center, including satay street. Chinatown is also walkable if you're feeling energetic.

IMO the StR pool is much better than the that of the Westin. but for an early arriving guest, I think the Westin facilities and arrangement would be preferable.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:42 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Bad news: The Duxton Club, owned by Satinder Garcha and Harpreet Bedi [the same team behind The Vagabond Club] is officially no longer Starwood-affiliated - they're opening the property as the first Six Senses in Singapore in April. Press release here: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas to Open First City Hotels - Six Senses Hotels Resort Spas

Pity.

khabah
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:03 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by khabah
Bad news: The Duxton Club, owned by Satinder Garcha and Harpreet Bedi [the same team behind The Vagabond Club] is officially no longer Starwood-affiliated - they're opening the property as the first Six Senses in Singapore in April. Press release here: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas to Open First City Hotels - Six Senses Hotels Resort Spas

Pity.

khabah
What a shame. I suspected the worse when it disappeared from the SPG. Still nice to see a new option in SIN but would have been nicer to see a new SPG option. Be interesting to see how it goes - I don't mind the Vagabond but it gives a bit of a vibe of a vanity project as opposed to a serious interest in developing hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.