Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Singapore: which Starwood? 2008 on [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore: which Starwood? 2008 on [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do any FourPoints properties have club lounges? Sometimes they give out free drink/breakfast coupons or have a manager's reception of sorts.
I have never found a club lounge in a 4 Points. I have had a coupon for a drink at the bar (rarely).
Old Apr 6, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Do any FourPoints properties have club lounges? Sometimes they give out free drink/breakfast coupons or have a manager's reception of sorts.
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
I have never found a club lounge in a 4 Points. I have had a coupon for a drink at the bar (rarely).
Although not a brand standard, the Four Points by Sheraton Hefei, Shushan, China had a Club Lounge when I stayed there I think last year or so. It was a new build though. So I guess some properties do have it.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 7:50 pm

It's not listed in the current Riverview website so I doubt it will have a lounge.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 7:15 am

At 4points Milan we have small Lounge
Old Apr 7, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Four Points Bintang Hangzhou had a lounge when it first opened; it was there for my
first 3-4 stays there; the last time I was there it was closed - not sure if just during
my stay or permanent.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 6:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
So I'm a Plat... landing at 6am on a sunday, and departing hotel at 7 or 8am the next day to get to meetings and not coming back. Would like to stay somewhere close to good culture, but also so i can head back to hotel and hang in lounge or pool or somewhere like that since i won't spend the whole day sunday wandering.. (and i've spent a week as a tourist in sg so really food is more my interest than anything else). also must have a gym

guessing the design hotels don't have a lounge, but is hanging out there good enough?

all the properties except sentosa seem fine location wise.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
The New Majestic Hotel is really nice and has really interesting rooms. IMO it also has the best location of any of the SPG hotels right in the middle of Chinatown with all sorts of food nearby (from posh to trendy to local).

No lounge and don't bother getting breakfast - the breakfast there is horrible.

It has a small gym so depending on what you're looking for that gym may be sufficient (the weights are sorely lacking). It has a nice small pool that's good for hanging out (but not swimming).
Old Jun 16, 2016, 6:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
Originally Posted by Melodsal
The New Majestic Hotel is really nice and has really interesting rooms. IMO it also has the best location of any of the SPG hotels right in the middle of Chinatown with all sorts of food nearby (from posh to trendy to local).

No lounge and don't bother getting breakfast - the breakfast there is horrible.

It has a small gym so depending on what you're looking for that gym may be sufficient (the weights are sorely lacking). It has a nice small pool that's good for hanging out (but not swimming).
thx - should have mentioned breakfast not important as i have a breakfast meeting.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The Westin is very close to a renovated historic hawker center. It's also walking distance to Chinatown and has a pool as well as a good lounge.

The StR is close to luxury shopping but IMO has a better pool. No lounge but the bar on the lobby level is nice. The hotel does some sort of a Plat happy hour but IIRC it's now exclusively at the not so attractive restaurant/bar on the pool level.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 4:29 am

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
I think previous 2 comments sums up your best choices.

Personally I will pick Westin as they do have a decent gym(Since this is a must) and pool. While not in the middle of everything, travelling from Westin to Chinatown isn't that far anyway.

Food in "renovated historic hawker center" (aka Festival Market aka Lau Pa Sat) is not bad either. After 7pm each night the corresponding street will be closed for outdoor dining.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:25 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LuisHK
I think previous 2 comments sums up your best choices.

Personally I will pick Westin as they do have a decent gym(Since this is a must) and pool. While not in the middle of everything, travelling from Westin to Chinatown isn't that far anyway.

Food in "renovated historic hawker center" (aka Festival Market aka Lau Pa Sat) is not bad either. After 7pm each night the corresponding street will be closed for outdoor dining.
Yes, "satay street." IMO it's a nicer atmosphere than some of the other hawker centers.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
The hotel does some sort of a Plat happy hour but IIRC it's now exclusively at the not so attractive restaurant/bar on the pool level.
It's always been there IIRC. At least when I visited last time 3 years ago.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
It's always been there IIRC. At least when I visited last time 3 years ago.
Nope, earlier Plats had a choice of either the restaurant by the pool or the first floor bar. In the latter, you were served a small appetizer of the day (almost amuse bouche size) with your drink, which could include champagne. IIRC there was a period where the restaurant by the pool had an appetizer buffet in the bar area and another period where they gave you a daily choice.

Before the hotel's lobby level was re-done to create space for the Japanese (?) restaurant, there was a wine room where free daily tastings (with cheese too) were offered by the hotel staff to highlight some of the wines sold in hotel F&B outlets. Later the wine tasting moved to the big high table in the main dining room, but AFAIK it disappeared shortly afterward.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
I stayed at the Westin recently and have to say I was underwhelmed by the property as a whole. Everything was just OK, nothing particularly good in any aspect of my stay. I had expected much better for the price I was paying. I know it is a Westin and not the StR but the service at the Sheraton for instance has always been much better than I experienced during this stay even if the rooms aren't great there.

The above impression extends to the gym which was adequate for some cardio and light free weights but very limited for anyone that wants to do resistance training. The upside of the location is that PURE fitness are in the adjacent building and you can pay for a 1 day pass. Cost is around $55 sing which isn't cheap but the facilities are excellent and you can go several times in the day if your schedule allows.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Just going to bump this up. I have a trip coming up in April for 9 nights and would like some advice.

Currently booked at the St. Regis, but open to other options if there is something better under the Starwood family for the $. Have read mixed reviews on the St. Regis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.