Search

15% bonus on SPG Amex

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA-Silver; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Gold
Strikes 1, 2 & 3.

Nothing for me.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA Global Services / Million Miler, Marriott Ambassador / Lifetime Titanium
And just for clarity, even though I was the one who posted those links, no love for me either... Can't recall the last time I qualified for an AMEX-related promo...
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Thank you! For once, I rec'd a trageted promo! But I only was granted 15%.

Maybe it's time to go buy a car?
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb
I usually strike out on these SPG Amex bonus offers , but I finally got a hit on the last offer...albeit only 15%...the 40% would've been nice
Old Aug 16, 2007, 2:13 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Nothing for me. I don't even use SPG card that much anymore. So I guess I"m a nobody.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 2:17 pm

Nothing for me and I'm a big spender on my SPG card.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 2:18 pm

Programs: AAEXP, CXGold, AFPlat, PCPlat/RA, HyattDiamond, SPGGold, MarriottGold, HertzPlat, NationalExec
0 fer 3 here too.

It was exciting waiting for the page to load though!
Old Aug 16, 2007, 2:28 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
I'm out

Three strikes for me too. I use my card alot.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Folks that have been around awhile will recall the best practice is to write a letter to Amex corporate and complain about not having been targetted. Most folks get a dump of miles by way of apology (along w/ the explanation that marketing does these algorithm thingies and there's nothing that can be done to add you to the promo).

Reported # of points given range from 10k - 100k, I believe.

Folks have also reported some points for sending the complaint through the Amex email system when you're logged into your account, you won't get the reply by email but you'll probably get a letter in a couple of weeks... that process yields far fewer points (expect less than 10k).

Here's an old thread with much discussion on the subject
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=346741

And the most recent contact info referenced therein:
Doria M. Camaraza
Senior Vice President
Card Operations
American Express Cards
777 American Expressway
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33337
Old Aug 16, 2007, 8:15 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Thanks

Originally Posted by gleff
Folks that have been around awhile will recall the best practice is to write a letter to Amex corporate and complain about not having been targetted. Most folks get a dump of miles by way of apology (along w/ the explanation that marketing does these algorithm thingies and there's nothing that can be done to add you to the promo).

Folks have also reported some points for sending the complaint through the Amex email system when you're logged into your account, you won't get the reply by email but you'll probably get a letter in a couple of weeks... that process yields far fewer points (expect less than 10k).

Doria M. Camaraza
Senior Vice President
Card Operations
American Express Cards
777 American Expressway
Gleff:
Thanks.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 9:54 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by gleff

Doria M. Camaraza
Senior Vice President
Card Operations
American Express Cards
777 American Expressway
I work down the block from this address and haven't been targetted in YEARS! What are the odds I can show up and have a little sit down??? Hmmm? Hmmm?
Old Aug 17, 2007, 4:12 am

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA, WN, Marriott, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec
Sweet!

Dear JeffISU,

This email confirms that you have successfully enrolled in the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card Bonus Starpoints® Promotion from American Express®.

Be sure to use your Card for all your purchases from August 15 - September 15, 2007 to receive a 40% bonus on all the Starpoints you've earned.

We thank you for your valued Cardmembership.

Sincerely,
American Express Customer Service
Old Aug 17, 2007, 4:55 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
anyone worried about phishing sites?

Originally Posted by u2vox
Those of you with AMEX account online access (user name and password, so you don't nees an RSVP code to see if you can register for this promo) might want to "check" if you are targeted specifically in the following order:

https://www109.americanexpress.com/d...pe=starpoints8

https://www109.americanexpress.com/d...pe=starpoints7

https://www109.americanexpress.com/d...pe=starpoints9

40 > 25 > 15.

I am a bit hesitant to put in my AMEX login and password on those 3 above sites. What if they are phishing sites? Isn't anyone worried about that?
Old Aug 17, 2007, 5:04 am

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA, WN, Marriott, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec
No, they're all from the American Express site. The part of the web address you need to be worried about is the part immediately before the .com. So in this example www109.americanexpress.com is a legitimate site from AMEX. Now if the site were americanexpress.www109.com, then I'd be worried.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 5:10 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
copyright date

Originally Posted by JeffISU
No, they're all from the American Express site. The part of the web address you need to be worried about is the part immediately before the .com. So in this example www109.americanexpress.com is a legitimate site from AMEX. Now if the site were americanexpress.www109.com, then I'd be worried.
If you look at the bottom of the page where you actually put in the account login info, it says copyright 2006. If it was legit, shouldn't it say 2007?

I'm going to play it safe and send in a letter via mail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.