Wiki Posts
Search

SPG AMEX 20% Bonus in August

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2007, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aadvantage, Skymiles, AlaskaAir, Starwood, Marriott
SPG AMEX 20% Bonus in August

Hi - this is my first post though I have "lurked" here for the past few months. I received this email from AMEX yesterday and thought maybe someone here on FT might be able to benefit from it as well!

Begin earning more points today. Throughout the month of August, you can earn 20% more Starpoints on all eligible purchases you make with your Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express. Whether you're traveling, shopping, or dining, your August purchases can bring you closer to your dream destinations.

From relaxing beach getaways to exciting adventure trips, your dream vacations are at your fingertips.

Enroll today to earn this 20% bonus automatically. Visit americanexpress.com/starpointspromo7 and enter RSVP code AB057700000627.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 9:32 am

Programs: SPG & SVO
Thanks for the post, but I tried to sign up and was told I'm not eligable. I guess its targeted.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 9:36 am

Programs: SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond BMI Silver
welcome to flyertalk and thanks for lurking a long time it seems like a good promo but in the future do not post your rsvp number since those are tied to you directly.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 9:39 am
BFG

Programs: SPG Platinum
I tried it with my login info and I am not eligable either
Old Aug 8, 2007, 10:45 am

And why should this be different for me from any other promotion that others are offered?
Old Aug 8, 2007, 11:11 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Not eligible. Never targeted for anything.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Sorry, our system is unavailable. Please try again later.

Old Aug 8, 2007, 11:45 am

targeted offer, i wonder when i will be target for an offer thats really good!
Old Aug 8, 2007, 12:57 pm

Spg 20%

Thanks for posting this link. I travel extensively for business and this will definitely be extremely beneficial.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 4:54 pm

Programs: AAEXP, CXGold, AFPlat, PCPlat/RA, HyattDiamond, SPGGold, MarriottGold, HertzPlat, NationalExec
I think it worked for me... I guess we'll find out!

Thanks OP!
Old Aug 8, 2007, 6:16 pm

Programs: UAL 1K
Welcome from another newbie- this is why flyer talk rocks. People gving up good information so we all can benefit.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 6:38 pm

For those who think you are enrolled, I think it says 'You have already enrolled' because the original poster already registered, not because YOU are actually registered.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 6:48 pm

Not eligible

Here is the message that I get:

We're sorry. This Card is not eligible.

We're sorry. Our records indicate that you are not eligible for this promotion. If you received an e-mail for this promotion, please verify the 14-digit RSVP code located in the e-mail. Or if you are registered to manage your account online and attempted to enroll, please verify your user ID and password and try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 7:23 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Signed in, was told not eligible ... didn't use the reservation code as that would seem to be tied to the OP's card.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 12:23 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
uggh me either

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.