Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combining points from two accounts?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2007, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Combining points from two accounts?

Is it possible to combine points from my and wifes account into one account and then redeem them? if so is there any fees attached to this?
thanks
Old Feb 16, 2007, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by ziqch
Is it possible to combine points from my and wifes account into one account and then redeem them? if so is there any fees attached to this?
thanks
Yes - it's possible. There is no fee.

I believe you have to actually combine accounts (there's a link online after you sign-in to your My account at www.spg.com).

After you fill in the form, you'll get an email a week later saying there was a problem. Respond to that, then wait another week. They'll tell you to call the call center.

When you call, they'll handle it very quickly and you're all set.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

combine accounts? i didn't get that, does that mean the other account will be deleted?
thanks
Old Feb 16, 2007, 2:10 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Choice Priveleges Gold, Club Carlson Silver, Wyndham Rewards, UMP, DL, ANA
NO, you do NOT have to combine accounts. As long as both accounts have the same address, a SPG rep can simply transfer points from one account into another. No need to close one.

I regularily have the points transferred from my wife's account into my account.

There are no fees and no fuss when doing this.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 2:18 pm

Very accurate and very helpful post.

Originally Posted by Lefty
NO, you do NOT have to combine accounts. As long as both accounts have the same address, a SPG rep can simply transfer points from one account into another. No need to close one.

I regularily have the points transferred from my wife's account into my account.

There are no fees and no fuss when doing this.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

thanks guys, now i just have to convince my wife to let o of strangle hold on her points
Old Feb 16, 2007, 4:55 pm

What a helpful post---I just transfered all the pts that I've been accumulating in my son's account. Thank you very much-- this is why I love this board.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 11:43 am

How about if both accounts are in my own name?

I have 2 accounts in my own name because I cancelled my old SPG Amex and then 6 months later moved and opened a new SPG account at that address and got a new SPG Amex linked to it along with the 10k bonus. Can I update the address for my old abandoned account and then combine these 2 accounts before the points in the old one expire, or will SPG see that I have had 2 Amex's and take back the 2nd new account bonus that I got?

Last edited by frank3355; Jun 30, 2007 at 12:00 pm
Old Jun 30, 2007, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by frank3355
I have 2 accounts in my own name because I cancelled my old SPG Amex and then 6 months later moved and opened a new SPG account at that address and got a new SPG Amex linked to it along with the 10k bonus. Can I update the address for my old abandoned account and then combine these 2 accounts before the points in the old one expire, or will SPG see that I have had 2 Amex's and take back the 2nd new account bonus that I got?
Hi Frank3355

You can combine the two accounts, just need to have certain information verified, same address or confirm that one is an old address and one is new, any passwords on either account, frequent flyer account number is you have one, names on both accounts match or you can verify which name is one which account as long as both accounts are yours. Sometimes if your name and address are identical on each account the system will automatically merge them together. Easy way is to just call SPG and have an agent merge them that way you can confirm any information they need right then and there. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 8:00 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by frank3355
I don't think you should be surprised if one of the bonus points are taken away though.
Old Jul 1, 2007, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by ldsant
I don't think you should be surprised if one of the bonus points are taken away though.
Well if you think that's true, I guess it'll be better to just use up the few thousand in my old account before they expire.
Old Jul 1, 2007, 10:31 pm

I have a roomate with the same mailing address as I do. He does not need the 7,000 starwood points in his account and would like to give them to me. If I call customer service will they transfer the points without any problem even if he isn't related?
Old Jul 1, 2007, 10:58 pm

Just got off the phone and transfered all 7,000 points from my roomates account. Way too easy! All I needed was both account numbers, addresses needed to match, and spg.com passwords.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.