FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   A fascinating paper on how Starwood is using FT (and FTers) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/651352-fascinating-paper-how-starwood-using-ft-fters.html)

Agent_007 Jan 23, 2007 3:40 pm

A fascinating paper on how Starwood is using FT (and FTers)

http://www.AndersonAnalytics.com/rep...sFlyertalk.pdf

(esp. pages 11, 18-19)

CO FF Jan 23, 2007 6:36 pm

Thanks for posting that. I knew I should have posted more to the SPG board; my handle didn't make the paper. :td:

BlissWorld Jan 23, 2007 7:57 pm

I'm on there :eek:

slippahs Jan 23, 2007 8:11 pm

Wow, this is fascinating. Especially the months were most of the Hotel forums has the least negative posts (May) and the breakdown analysis they do.

Geez, didn't realize how much Flyertalk was used for such research... :eek:

Rambuster Jan 23, 2007 8:21 pm

"connector" or "loyalist"?
So some people are actually trying to figure out where and why we post ?
(tell me once you find out where and why I post!) :)

GUWonder Jan 23, 2007 8:37 pm

Thanks for posting this.

I was particularly interested in noting who were "connectors" between the different programs.

slippahs Jan 23, 2007 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 7080458)
Thanks for posting this.

I was particularly interested in noting who were "connectors" between the different programs.

Such as yourself? ;)

The more I read into this, the more interesting it becomes. But, it's also kind of scary as well.

sy7 Jan 23, 2007 9:36 pm

This was really interesting to read.

I have to say that I'm glad I never listed any program info on my profile--it makes it too easy for the data mining programs.

Anyway, it's positive that the paper found "quantitative" evidence that SPG is getting a good return on their investment by having an official & active representative here--maybe the other programs will take note!

shar161 Jan 23, 2007 9:42 pm

Well, THAT was certainly interesting!! I figured they should be doing something with everyones comments. But I have to say it did make us all look like lab mice in an experiment didn't it??

I wonder how much Starwood had to pay to "find out" that it really is a good thing having Starwood Lurker on board?!! It's only obvious how positive that is for Starwood just reading the threads.

Starwood should really go through all of the postings and make customer service imporvements after addressing the issues in the threads.

GUWonder Jan 23, 2007 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by slippahs (Post 7080477)
Such as yourself? ;)

The more I read into this, the more interesting it becomes. But, it's also kind of scary as well.

By the chart, I am an example :o , but, IMO, a bad one for those looking to get in on deals and be on the program's cutting edge. Interestingly enough, I actually "follow" at least three of the chart-noted "connectors", for they are typically on the "sharper edge" of maximizing value for money from using the hotel loyalty programs.

Congrats on your 10,000th post. ^^

TravelGuy1965 Jan 23, 2007 10:49 pm

This is really cool..... Pg12 is awsome.

MapleLeaf Jan 24, 2007 12:11 am

How does someone have 0 posts?

GUWonder Jan 24, 2007 12:29 am

Originally Posted by MapleLeaf (Post 7081380)
How does someone have 0 posts?

Members who join FT but never post? There are quite a lot of such FT accounts. Members who have had their post count manually set/reset or posts disappeared with/without a manual post count reset?

schoflyer Jan 24, 2007 1:06 am

After this, *wood should organize another FTer bonus point deal! But this time make it 10K points. If they don't do it we can all stop posting! Essentially hold our text "hostage" from the text minors:D

gregorygrady Jan 24, 2007 1:39 am

Thanks for posting. Interesting paper. And I agree it was interesting to see the "Connectors". I counted 8 total connectors and 2 "SUPER connectors (777 global mileage hound and pinniped) who connect to 3 Forums!!