Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Phuket -- Best Option?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2006, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Location: Washington DC; UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Hilton Silver
Le Meridien Phuket -- Best Option?

We are planning an upcoming trip to Phuket and are interested in staying at either the Le Meridien Beach Resort or the Le Meridien Yacht Club. Any advice on which property you would suggest? I have read that the Yacht Club is smaller, but that the Beach Resort has an extremely nice private beach.

Also, since this is the Starwood forum, how do both of these properties compare to the Sheraton Laguna there?

Thanks in advance for any information and advice.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:31 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, BA blue
I don't know the L.M. Yacht club, but the L.M. There is only the Hotel, nothing else only the nice small beach. So I wouldn't like to stay there. I staid 2 times at the Laguna beach and will do from 24th april this year again. There are al several Laguna Hotels and You can shuttle between by complimantary bus. At the beach there are some thai restaurants for less money. The food and beverage prices at the hotel are very expensive. For one beer in the Hotel You get 3-4 at te beach.
But it's a long way to Patong from Laguna district. L.M. is closer to Patong and there are some tuk-tuk drivers outside the Hotel. From Laguna district You've to take a taxi.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 3:01 am

Programs: AA EXP
Stayed at the Yacht Club last year before the switch over to *Wood. Apart from this property and another hotel there is not much else around. A couple of shops and restaurants no more than 5 min walk. Pool area is very nice looking out over the bay and the rooms had great views.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA, Delta, SPG, MAR
Have the same questions for a stay in mid april. Also, thinking of using miles if the integrations happens on time. Any idea what category LM Phuket is likely to be ?

Last edited by const3; Mar 13, 2006 at 8:54 pm
Old Mar 13, 2006, 4:17 am

We stayed at the Beach Resort in December. Our room was spacious and freshly re-done (tsunami damage repair). If you are looking for a lie-on-the-beach holiday, this is a great place for it. The beach is lovely and never overcrowded. Patong is a five minute ride away for when you want something more lively. We found the food to be of good quality, not expensive by euro standards if more expensive than local restaurants, and with enough variety to get through ten days of lunches without getting bored. The service is very enthousiastic and they try very hard to make you happy. There is occasionally a language barrier at the front desk, but if you persevere you can make yourself understood.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Location: Washington DC; UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by const3
Have the same questions for a stay in mid april. Also, thinkingod using miles if the integrations happens on time. Any idea what category LM Phuket is likely to be ?
The LM Phuket Beach Resort is likely to be category 2 and the LM Yacht Club a category 3. This is based upon a conversation with the reservations group, but we will not know for sure until we see the official results.

We are thinking about 4 nights at the Sheraton and then 3 nights at either the LM Beach Resort or the Yacht Club.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA, Delta, SPG, MAR
Just redeemed 25.5K points for 5 nights in Le Meridien Beach resort in early April. This is for an upgraded ocean front junior suite. The best rate I could find on that is $340/night. Starwood rules ! I had a cash reservation for the same period for a regular room at over 200/night. Probably the best redemption I have had so far !
Old May 18, 2009, 2:53 pm
Suspended

Which Starwood hotel in Phuket (not in Khao Lak) would you chose as a Platinum, if you wish to have:
a) Lounge
b) Nice swimming pool
c) Possible upgrade to a suite
Old May 23, 2009, 2:30 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by nissan motor
Which Starwood hotel in Phuket (not in Khao Lak) would you chose as a Platinum, if you wish to have:
a) Lounge
b) Nice swimming pool
c) Possible upgrade to a suite
Sheraton Laguna.

You normally get upgrade to a suite, a room with lagoon access, or in one instance, a complete 3 bedroom villa by the golf course (I had booked 2 rooms).

There is no lounge but you have the Puccini restaurant where breakfast is served for platinum as well as evening nibbles and free drinks during the platinum happy hours.

I am not sure about the Platinum treatment at LM but it looks rather run down, so I never ventured there. The LM Royal Phuket Yacht Club was a fab property without lounge either and no great benefit but really nice suite upgrades.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC-SE, SPG-P
How important is proximity to Patong in your opinion? Is it a one time requirement - meaning it will get old quickly or is it one of those places that you want to go back to every day for the energy etc?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.