Wiki Posts
Search

Neat Deal

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2006, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K MM, AA, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood Gold
Neat Deal

Awhile ago I received a mailer from Westin Mission Hills Vacation Properties with this offer: 2 nights for $169, receive 8000 points and get $75 gift certificate for a midweek checkin. Of course you have to listen to their pitch. We have done this many times at other "vacation properties" and never bought but as long as they are asking we keep coming.
Anyway we booked during the Pacific Life Tennis Tournament (a really peak time for rooms in the desert). Will use the $75 for meals. Here's an even better part. We will use 7000 of the 8000 points for a free night at the Stockholm Sheraton precruise in July (worth more than the $169 I am paying).
Sweet!
Old Mar 1, 2006, 8:26 pm

that is a pretty good deal. cant go wrong with them points.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 8:56 am

Programs: AA Plat, STW Plat, Hyatt Plat, Avis Pref
And the best part is that IMHO you'll have no trouble turning down what they're offering in Cancun (sold out in MH). But to each theirown.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 9:19 am

What a great deal! I'm happy for you. You'll LOVE the Sheraton Stockholm. It's in a terrific location, the staff is wonderful and the rooms are great.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chuckroby
Awhile ago I received a mailer from Westin Mission Hills Vacation Properties with this offer: 2 nights for $169, receive 8000 points and get $75 gift certificate for a midweek checkin. Of course you have to listen to their pitch. We have done this many times at other "vacation properties" and never bought but as long as they are asking we keep coming.
Anyway we booked during the Pacific Life Tennis Tournament (a really peak time for rooms in the desert). Will use the $75 for meals. Here's an even better part. We will use 7000 of the 8000 points for a free night at the Stockholm Sheraton precruise in July (worth more than the $169 I am paying).
Sweet!
Why Blow 7000 for Stockholm, If you have 10,000 Hilton Pts you can get a Scandic which is 5 mins away from the Sher for 10,000 HH Pts. it might not be as nice but you cant beat using the 10,000 HH Pts plus you'll still have the 7000 to use at another SPG Hotel where you might get a better return then just $169. heck 6000 SPG pts will get you 2 weekend nights at a Cat2 that must be worth more then $169.

You dont have any HH Pts then get an acct and apply for the Amex HH Card thats 20,000 Pts right off the bat. Or do 2 Walks for $50 and get 10,000 Pts.

When we were in STK we stayed at a Scandic cause of the above reasons, Being able to save alot more if we used the Pts elsewhere
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tadive
What a great deal! I'm happy for you. You'll LOVE the Sheraton Stockholm. It's in a terrific location, the staff is wonderful and the rooms are great.
Thanks
In your opinion what are the must do/must see things in Stockholm?
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craz
Why Blow 7000 for Stockholm, If you have 10,000 Hilton Pts you can get a Scandic which is 5 mins away from the Sher for 10,000 HH Pts. it might not be as nice but you cant beat using the 10,000 HH Pts plus you'll still have the 7000 to use at another SPG Hotel where you might get a better return then just $169. heck 6000 SPG pts will get you 2 weekend nights at a Cat2 that must be worth more then $169.

You dont have any HH Pts then get an acct and apply for the Amex HH Card thats 20,000 Pts right off the bat. Or do 2 Walks for $50 and get 10,000 Pts.

When we were in STK we stayed at a Scandic cause of the above reasons, Being able to save alot more if we used the Pts elsewhere
Understand your point. Actually the Sheraton in Stockholm is in the $200 / night range and I finished my Hilton points in September in Barcelona.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 6:07 pm
Suspended

"Neat Deal" what?

oh.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by chuckroby
Thanks
In your opinion what are the must do/must see things in Stockholm?
The Absolut Ice Bar ^ ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.