Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

GONE : Le Meridien Khao Lak, Thailand (leaving Starwood 31 Oct 2014) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GONE : Le Meridien Khao Lak, Thailand (leaving Starwood 31 Oct 2014) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2012, 2:48 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Le Meridien Khao Lak
I understood how the member see the benefit difference between Premium room and suite this stage, but unfortunately, we are not able to honor these benefits for other room types.

Actually, the drinks and the internet benefits are the Premium Room benefits, since SPG Plat benefit entitles for a room upgrade, so which ever room type they are upgrade to they will receive the benefit come with that room type.

There is a choice for member to choose now: Premium Room comes with more benefits or a suite with more space
i prefer the suite.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 5:47 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
I am considering staying here for a week in June. I am curious if anyone can comment on the impact of the rainy season here. While I realize no one can predict the actual weather, I am more curious on the impact it will have on restaurants on the premises and nearby, as well as massage shacks on the beach that I have read about. Will these still be open and available? Thank you for all your insight.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
I am considering staying here for a week in June. I am curious if anyone can comment on the impact of the rainy season here. While I realize no one can predict the actual weather, I am more curious on the impact it will have on restaurants on the premises and nearby, as well as massage shacks on the beach that I have read about. Will these still be open and available? Thank you for all your insight.
I haven't visited in that season, but there are some comments upthread from those that have. If I remember correctly, occupancy tends to be low and some of the off-property restaurants/cafes (Rim Lay) can be closed. That may also be true for some hotel restaurants as well (I'm thinking rotating closures, but could be wrong). Some posters have also mentioned resort restaurant and spa discounts in the low season.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 2:06 am
Company Representative - Le Meridien Khao Lak

Location: Khao Lak, Pakweeb Beach, Phan Nga, Southern Thailand
restaurant operation during low season

Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
I haven't visited in that season, but there are some comments upthread from those that have. If I remember correctly, occupancy tends to be low and some of the off-property restaurants/cafes (Rim Lay) can be closed. That may also be true for some hotel restaurants as well (I'm thinking rotating closures, but could be wrong). Some posters have also mentioned resort restaurant and spa discounts in the low season.
It is correct, not all 6 restaurants are open on the same night during the low season. Our Indian and Korean restaurant are definitely closed from May to mid Oct, however, we rotate the opening of our Italian, Thai, Seafood and buffet restaurants. Rimlay is closed from May to October. 2 or 3 times a week we have theme buffet available add to the option of the a la carte. Spa will offer some specials during the low season as well. Please do not hesitate to let me know should you require more information.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 3:36 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Le Meridien Khao Lak
It is correct, not all 6 restaurants are open on the same night during the low season. Our Indian and Korean restaurant are definitely closed from May to mid Oct, however, we rotate the opening of our Italian, Thai, Seafood and buffet restaurants. Rimlay is closed from May to October. 2 or 3 times a week we have theme buffet available add to the option of the a la carte. Spa will offer some specials during the low season as well. Please do not hesitate to let me know should you require more information.
Is there a set schedule for the restaurant openings during low season. Can you inform us of the schedule so that we can make plans? I will be there March 2-4.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
LMKR Company Representative,

Thanks for contributing to Flyertalk!

Can you give me an idea what sort of weather I might expect there during the last week of September? I have read a lot of different things so I would be interested in your opinion.

THANKS!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:08 am

restaurant

I am glad to know that you will be visiting us soon. All restaurants are open daily from Nov till April. The Indian and Korean BBQ restaurant close once a week only and Cafe Lilawadee open for buffet 2 to 3 times a week. I am looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Is there a set schedule for the restaurant openings during low season. Can you inform us of the schedule so that we can make plans? I will be there March 2-4.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:13 am

Weather

Usually more rain between May to mid Oct, but weather is very difficult to predict nowadays, we have quite a bit of rain in this Jan.

Originally Posted by phlashba
LMKR Company Representative,

Thanks for contributing to Flyertalk!

Can you give me an idea what sort of weather I might expect there during the last week of September? I have read a lot of different things so I would be interested in your opinion.

THANKS!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M, SPG PLT
The main thing this review is lacking is mention of the Freaking Baby Elephant! Every morning and every evening, a baby elephant! That you can touch and feed and watch frolick in the ocean! Ok sorry, got carried away there for a minute and Im sure its been mentioned before but OMG a Freaking Baby Elephant!

Also loved the heck out of the rest of this property, and got treated quite well as a Plat.

Originally Posted by StationaryTraveller
Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort

Stay Period - 2011.5.1 ~ 2011.5.8
Room - Deluxe Room & Lagoon Spa Villa

- Very good room condition
- Fabulous views from the Lagoon Spa Villa ^
- Platinum Benefit is a breakfast and One drink (Per Stay per person)
- Paid shuttle service to downtown
- Long and wonderful private beach
- Ultimate Breakfast (In Baan Thai Restaurant. Villa guests & Platinum Member Only) ^^^
- Of various types of restaurants
- Swimming Pool is not a luxury atmosphere
- Starwood Privilege Card (F&B card) is available ^

Starwood Privilege Card
The fee varies by country. Valid for 1 year

Approximately 100 photos and the reviews written in Korean
To see the reviews you need a very fast internet speeds

Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort - Deluxe Room & Lagoon Spa Villa
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Osteomata
The main thing this review is lacking is mention of the Freaking Baby Elephant! Every morning and every evening, a baby elephant! That you can touch and feed and watch frolick in the ocean! Ok sorry, got carried away there for a minute and Im sure its been mentioned before but OMG a Freaking Baby Elephant!

Also loved the heck out of the rest of this property, and got treated quite well as a Plat.
Regrettably the elephant has moved on about half a year ago. The handler wanted to re-locate and they (elephant+handler) obviously come as a package..
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:17 pm

Uh, no. I was there 10 days ago, elephant rather clearly present.

Originally Posted by forumpersona999
Regrettably the elephant has moved on about half a year ago. The handler wanted to re-locate and they (elephant+handler) obviously come as a package..
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:27 pm

Cool, they found a replacement!

What's this one's name ? The elephant back then was called Namwaan.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, AA ExecPlat
Ants and front management service. Our division head stayed at this property and expressed his disappointment with the front desk manager and ants in his room. I asked him because I planned to stay for 2 weeks with my wife for some R&R and I remember he mentioned he had stayed at the Le Meridien Khao Lak. Our corporate travel department also removed vacation comps at this property, most likely because of our Div head not being happy with his stay for this year. I'm wondering if this property is really that bad, because it's like a mix of reviews but mostly people enjoying there stay.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by TheFlyingPapaya
Ants and front management service. Our division head stayed at this property and expressed his disappointment with the front desk manager and ants in his room. I asked him because I planned to stay for 2 weeks with my wife for some R&R and I remember he mentioned he had stayed at the Le Meridien Khao Lak. Our corporate travel department also removed vacation comps at this property, most likely because of our Div head not being happy with his stay for this year. I'm wondering if this property is really that bad, because it's like a mix of reviews but mostly people enjoying there stay.
I never had an issue with front desk staff. I had one issue once with a porter but I stayed there half a dozen times and had only awesome front-liners (including porters).

Ants, yes. There are ants. You are in the jungle. There will be critters. They do their best to manage mosquitoes but the ants are there. If you leave a half eaten apple on a plate on your coffee table, it will be covered in 15 minutes. They're scouting.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:42 am

+1. Ants are a jungle reality, and you will see them. But it seems mainly the harmless little black variety, and good food discipline will mostly keep your place free of them. ONe thing I would note is that the little flower bracelet they give you upon checking in? Ant maget, toss that outside when you are done wearing it.

As for front desk: excellent service for me. Admittedly, the junior managment training program guy that checked us in forgot about the platinum welcome amenity, and promised to have two drink chits delivered that did not materialize for a while, but upon wandering down and checking back in with the front desk, not even complaining just following up, not only did I get the amenity the drink chits, but also a bottle of sparking delivered to the room as an apology when I had not asked for or expected one.

Forgot to mention earlier, but the personal outdoor rainhead type shower attached to the villa was an awesome little addition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.