Wiki Posts
Search

Best Starwood swimming pool?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2005, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, United 100k, HGVC, Hyatt VC
Thanks for all the info...

Sorry it took me so long to respond to all the posts. Was in Maui at the Hyatt for a 6 day conference...

Kids are 7 and 5, two boys. Love water slides and beaches. Travel probably to the US, Hawaii and Mexico.

Thanks again,
Dewey
Old Sep 26, 2005, 11:03 am

Sheraton Wild Horse

We love the pools at the Sheraton Wild Horse. Sunsets from the pool are amazing, and we love the fact that the only hotel employees at the pool are the cocktail waitresses!
Old Sep 28, 2005, 12:40 am

Programs: SPG, AA: PLAT; Hilton: Diamon, UAL: Premier Exec; IC_PriClub; 308 hours flying Boeing 707's
Sheraton Wild Horse Pass (also)

I agree. The Sheraton Wild Horse Pass is my favourite aquatic retreat as well. Three pools to swim in, at least two hot tubs and a splashdown pool at the end of the most curvy (though not the fastest) SPG water slide I've been on. With the Gila River winding by, it's got a beautiful view of the mountains and the maincured golf course, an amiable staff, and it's open late. On a warm, clear night you can lay on the sloped entry area of the main pool and be 3/4 submerged... while gazing at the stars. I also enjoy relaxing at the Aji spa after a run. It's my hotel of choice after the Phoenix marathon. I'm there tomorrow night and can't wait to run along the property's wonderful rock trail.

Also like: Westin Diplomat, Sheraton Bal Harbour, the Spanish Beach near the Hotel Maria Cristina
Old Oct 7, 2005, 12:35 pm

Programs: Air: Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K Million Mile, Hotel: Starwood Platinum Lifetime
Originally Posted by DeweyWhopper
Sorry it took me so long to respond to all the posts. Was in Maui at the Hyatt for a 6 day conference...

Kids are 7 and 5, two boys. Love water slides and beaches. Travel probably to the US, Hawaii and Mexico.

Thanks again,
Dewey
I travelled with 4 and 6 year old boys this spring to the Westin Puerto Vallarta and they had a blast. 3 pools have multiple levels so if you have non-swimmers it's great. There is also a playground in the middle of the pools and the hotel is on the beach. They also have a great kids program with indoor and outdoor activities. My kids had a blast and we considered buying a time share we enjoyed it so much. Also, the marina is within a 5 minute walk and there are stores, restaraunts, and other facilities there.
Old Oct 9, 2005, 9:02 am

Programs: Delta, UA, SPG
best pool

My vote is for the Westin Regina (cabo san lucas) or the Phoenician
Old Oct 13, 2005, 1:28 am

Maui - Westin and Sheraton pools

The Westin Maui is great, though the cushions on the chaises were looking worn when I was there last. The slide is fun...not real curvy or long, but if you arch your back just right - you fly down! It has 3 different sections, and of course is right off the beach. Great pool!

The Sheraton right up the beach is a little more "adult", you can float around on its sections like being on a little river.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 5:00 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
Sheraton Krabi

The infinity pool is great, you can drift there and gaze right out to sea through the palm trees..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.