Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood @ ski resorts?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2005, 9:43 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by CPRich
I nominate this thread to go in the forum sticky FAQ.
I second the nomination.

Originally Posted by CPRich
I'll invetigate Switzerland, but that may be a bit much with a 6 yr old.
Don't say that - you scare me! I'm taking the plunge with my 4-year old (and her 1-year old brother) at Wengen in March.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
Don't say that - you scare me! I'm taking the plunge with my 4-year old (and her 1-year old brother) at Wengen in March.
I'm still recovering from the 6-year old and 1-year old sister (who wouldn't come along skiing) to Hawaii in August. Skiing at Steamboat last year was fine, so maybe it's the little one the compounds the problem. And 8 flights out, between islands, and back. Good luck.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 2:05 pm

There is a St. Regis -- Deer Valley, Utah under development and scheduled to open in the fall of 2007.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, SPG Platinum
Sheraton Mountain Vista - Avon, CO

I am an SVO owner (Kaanapali - Maui, HI) although am due to ise my ownership at the Sheraton Mountain Vista in Avon, CO in February. I would be glad of any tips, experiences, etc., that other guests have had at this property.

Kind regards
SteveChicago
Old Nov 21, 2005, 6:00 pm

Programs: Marriott plat, DL Diamond
Steamboat is a great location. Base of the mountain, ski in ski out. Ski check in the lower level. Great outdoor hot-tubs, especially if you take a break from skiing one of the days. Downside is that the rooms are standard, not leaving much extra space for gear and if you have 4 people it can be a bit tight... Bus is convienent to get around town so no need for a car once you are there.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 12:51 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Another vote for the Westin Whistler.....
Old Mar 1, 2006, 11:36 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
bump.

Thought I'd note that the Sheraton SLC is now Category 2. However, it does now have Sweet Sleepers and a decent Club Lounge.

Just returned from skiing at Brighton, Snowbasin (Wow! What amazing improvements and growth in popularity since the Olympics were there!), and Snowbird. About a 45 minute drive to each resort.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by SteveChicago
I am an SVO owner (Kaanapali - Maui, HI) although am due to ise my ownership at the Sheraton Mountain Vista in Avon, CO in February. I would be glad of any tips, experiences, etc., that other guests have had at this property.

Kind regards
SteveChicago
I stayed at this property two ski season ago. It's located in Avon, which is just outside of Beaver Creek. They offer a shuttle to the lifts. The hotel is quite comfortable, but the location is nothing to write home about. They are located across the street from a Comfort Inn, which we have also stayed at previously. Two weeks ago the Sheraton did not have any availability so we opted to stay at the Ritz Carlton, which is located ski in/ski out. It was quite a notch up from the Sheraton. Don't get me wrong--the Sheraton is nice, but location is nothing great.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TTT103
...Two weeks ago the Sheraton did not have any availability so we opted to stay at the Ritz Carlton, which is located ski in/ski out. It was quite a notch up from the Sheraton. Don't get me wrong--the Sheraton is nice, but location is nothing great.
Having just returned from Sheraton Avon, I agree about the location issue. However, keep in mind that the rates for Ritz Carlton is anywhere from 200% to 400% higher than Sheraton for a smaller room.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by TTT103
There is a Fourpoints in Kamloops which sufficed for our first night, but we ended up staying at a Holiday Inn in Kelowna
Seems you can stay in a Westin in a few years, and a Marriott by end of this year and a Hampton sometime next.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=549192
Old Apr 18, 2006, 10:50 am
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
I find this site to be helpful in finding activity specific locations within Europe
Starwood Europe.

Maybe a site could be developed for worldwide hotels...
Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:57 am

Programs: Marriott plat, DL Diamond
I'll second the comments on Steamboat. Great mountain location and ease of access around town. Downsides were the room and distance from Denver.. Steamboat is quite a trip, especially if it late or bad weather.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 12:16 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
I vote for the Westin Whistler. Went a few years back. Got a huge suite, with a fruit/cheese plate and a bottle of wine.

Went to Crested Butte a year ago and it was not good. Very old and crusty.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 4:17 pm

Be aware that the Westin Whistler charges a $25/night "resort convienance fee" which includes water, local transport and use of the spa. They never mentioned this to me during booking or check-in so I was able to have it removed.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 3:20 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, Avon, Colorado

Anyone have any details on this Westin condotel being planned for the base of Beaver Creek? Estimated completion date?

Westin Riverfront Resort and Spa combines visions of both environmental- and pedestrian-friendly design. The resort, designed around spectacular views of the ski slopes, is based on principles of conservation. Served by public transit, it will welcome visitors to stroll through its grounds, to the local town center, and along the banks of the Eagle River. A gondola, providing access to the mountains, will further minimize the need for guests and residents to use automobiles. The nineteen-acre site includes 224 guestrooms and 107 timeshare residences, a 24,000 square foot full-service spa, recreational and meeting facilities, and restaurants, as well as underground parking for 210 vehicles.

http://www.westinriverfront.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.