Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Four Points Minneapolis/St Paul being Levelled

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Minneapolis/St Paul being Levelled

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2005, 11:04 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by DLSIZE
PRAISE JESUS!!!!!!!!!! Thanks be to God.....my prayers have been answered!

First Austin, now St Paul.....shall we go for the trifecta??????
LOL. Who did you have in mind?

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Jul 25, 2005, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Hmmm. I've stayed at that 4pts a couple times. Didn't think it was that bad for the $40 (Priceline) or $75 (points-earning) I typically paid for it.

I laughed at the cheesy Holidome atmosphere on my 1st stay - but that didn't stop me from bringing a swimsuit along on the 2nd (and future) stays. How many Fairfields and Hamptons have indoor pools?

I won't miss it tremendously - just another 4pts to me - but I will miss having a bare-bones Starwood option in the area.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 12:10 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by cranrob
University Ave. has some great places to eat. Krua Thailand is one of the best Thai Restaurants outside of Thailand. There are also some wonderful Vietnamese places in the same area.
Thanks for the tip. As I am in Minneapolis about twice a month I will DEFINITELY check this place out. Anywhere else you recommend?
Old Jul 25, 2005, 12:13 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by pinniped
Hmmm. I've stayed at that 4pts a couple times. Didn't think it was that bad for the $40 (Priceline) or $75 (points-earning) I typically paid for it.

I laughed at the cheesy Holidome atmosphere on my 1st stay - but that didn't stop me from bringing a swimsuit along on the 2nd (and future) stays. How many Fairfields and Hamptons have indoor pools?

I won't miss it tremendously - just another 4pts to me - but I will miss having a bare-bones Starwood option in the area.
Actually in Minneapolis all of the Hamptons and Fairfields I have seen there (have stayed at almost all the Hamptons) have indoor pools. Seems to be somewhat unique to MN but all hotels seem to have indoor pools.

From what I understand the other Four Points in Minneapolis is very nice, but also in a much higher price range.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Lehava
Thanks for the tip. As I am in Minneapolis about twice a month I will DEFINITELY check this place out. Anywhere else you recommend?
In the other direction, a nice place is D'Amico & Sons on Grand Avenue.
It's sort of a cross between a restaurant and deli, something just like you'll find in Italy. There are tons of great restaurants up & down Grand Ave, and it's a great place for a stroll.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by cranrob
In the other direction, a nice place is D'Amico & Sons on Grand Avenue.
It's sort of a cross between a restaurant and deli, something just like you'll find in Italy. There are tons of great restaurants up & down Grand Ave, and it's a great place for a stroll.
There's a thread in the Midwest forum that had a brief thing on Minneapolis restaurants. It's about two weeks old and there are not many threads in that forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...47#post4302847
Old Jul 25, 2005, 7:59 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
There's a thread in the Midwest forum that had a brief thing on Minneapolis restaurants. It's about two weeks old and there are not many threads in that forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...47#post4302847
Thanks for the tip!
Old Jul 25, 2005, 8:02 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Oh wait I had been to that thread before *smile* but thanks for the tip anyway *grin* I had totally forgotten about it.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:11 am

Exclamation

Actually in Minneapolis all of the Hamptons and Fairfields I have seen there (have stayed at almost all the Hamptons) have indoor pools. Seems to be somewhat unique to MN but all hotels seem to have indoor pools.

From what I understand the other Four Points in Minneapolis is very nice, but also in a much higher price range.

I have to step in on that note, the Four Points in Minneapolis is garbage!!! The Four Points in St. Paul is going to be your best bet in that area. However, the Sheraton in Bloomington have them both beat hands down, and twice on Sundays!!
Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:48 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gregmo24
I have to step in on that note, the Four Points in Minneapolis is garbage!!! The Four Points in St. Paul is going to be your best bet in that area. However, the Sheraton in Bloomington have them both beat hands down, and twice on Sundays!!
The one on Industrial is garbage? I have heard just the opposite. If the one on Hamline (the one being levelled) is the best bet we are in trouble. Bloomington is a great area but it can make for a longer commute if you are working in the city.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 10:17 pm

Smile

The one on Industrial is garbage? I have heard just the opposite. If the one on Hamline (the one being levelled) is the best bet we are in trouble. Bloomington is a great area but it can make for a longer commute if you are working in the city.

YES, G.A.R.B.A.G.E!!!! I'm willing to drive to St.Paul or to Bloomington than stay there. Have you had an opportunity to stay there? Tell you what, try it and let me know. I'm a Bloomington junky any day of the week.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 12:05 am

Talking

So disappointed to hear this, given that I stayed here back in 1999. I figured by now this hotel should have made Conde Naste Traveler Gold List for one of the top 5 hotels in the USA.....
Old Jul 29, 2005, 5:09 pm

Smile

I have stayed there many times over the last ten years and will be sorry to see this convenient property go. The property was upgraded and improved a few years back (about the time it changed froma Sheraton to a 4 Points). Over the years I have found their staff to be way above average and the buffet breakfast was generally fine. However, this was pretty much a working class property (i.e. affordable) with no large suites so the plat upgrade was relatively modest (not like the upgrade to the two level penthouse at the Westin Bonaventure or the top floor suites at the Century Plaza).

TF
Old Jul 30, 2005, 12:05 pm
ewj

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG PLAT, NWA Plat
Thanks for the tip. I had done a search but after driving a little of the neighborhood I wasnt sure how safe some of the places were I had found on line (I actually prefer the mom and pop places, but slip into chain-ism when I just want to be sure about the quality and safeness of what I am eating, so I ended up heading to the southern suburbs where I usually stay and know more of the area and grabbing dinner.

Hey I may be back in Minneapolis either next week or the 2nd week of august. Seems there are a few of you there, we should have a mini-get together.
I work/live in Saint Paul and eat on University ave all the time, I have yet to find a bad place. Individual bad dishes but all with overall good dishes.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any update to the Oct 31st target date for destruction? I have a stay coming up End of August to beginning of September.

Edited to fix typo.

Last edited by Baze; Aug 17, 2005 at 7:59 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.