Wiki Posts
Search

received new triple Starpoints offer today

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2005, 4:06 pm
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
William,

Thanks for responding, I appreciate it. I do have additional comments.

Thanks for the comments concerning “targeted” promotions. You can be assured that I am not the only one reading them.
While the petition sounds like a good idea on the surface, my personal feelings are that it is not going to change anything about the way we do business as the frequent stay program for Starwood.

I understand that it may not change the way SPG Marketing is doing business, but it will let them hear some of the anger and frustration we are feeling. You get the brunt of our rants. I'm sure you convey our concerns to your superiors, but a long list of names could be eye opening to them.

So, yes, our promotional offers today are indeed a method of driving new business and not a method of rewarding elite members for their past loyalty.

If that's the case reward elite/loyal members with additional benefits, such as when you reach PLT for the year you get a free weekend. That might come out of a different budget. That is both an incentive and a reward.

We have tried in the past to do that in other ways with mixed success.

Is it possible for you to give examples?

Again thanks for clarifying the SPG position. Have a good weekend.

WMA

Last edited by wma; Jun 10, 2005 at 4:11 pm Reason: grammar
Old Jun 10, 2005, 4:25 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by wma
William,

Thanks for responding, I appreciate it. I do have additional comments.

I understand that it may not change the way SPG Marketing is doing business, but it will let them hear some of the anger and frustration we are feeling. You get the brunt of our rants. I'm sure you convey our concerns to your superiors, but a long list of names could be eye opening to them.
I don't have to forward anything to anyone. The powers that be at SPG read this forum every day, so they already know the anger and frustration. But they can only work with what they have.

If that's the case reward elite/loyal members with additional benefits, such as when you reach PLT for the year you get a free weekend. That might come out of a different budget. That is both an incentive and a reward.
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't know what or if anything can be done like this, but you can consider it forwarded. (not that I have to even do that).

Is it possible for you to give examples?
Various publications such as the Best of Starwood book, subscriptions to Zagat.com, various and sundry gifts within membership packets, etc. I know some of this has been discontinued, but as the opportunity arises, I am sure there will be more things like this forthcoming.

Again thanks for clarifying the SPG position. Have a good weekend.

WMA
No problem. The weekend is upon us. Have a good one yourself.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Jun 10, 2005, 4:44 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by imverge
This is what Marriott is offering:

Get 25,000 Bonus Points This Summer With
This Exclusive Offer From Marriott Rewards!

Stop dreaming about that perfect vacation and start making your
plans. Just follow these easy steps:

· Register: Visit MarriottRewards.com/promotion or
call 1-888-MARRIOTT (627-7468).

· Stay: At any of more than 2,500 participating
Marriott® hotels worldwide between June 15 and September 15, 2005.

· Earn: 5,000 Marriott Rewards® points every third stay - up to
a total of 25,000 bonus points. (This offer is non-transferable).
This is also a targetted promo so don't get too excited!
Old Jun 10, 2005, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Markie
This is also a targetted promo so don't get too excited!
Actually any member can call in and register. You are in the UK so I don't know if it would apply to you but my friend in NYC called and registered.. no problem!

Try this link... http://mrsummerpromo.netlinkrg.com/promo.aspx
Old Jun 10, 2005, 5:43 pm
Community Director Emerita

Actually any member can call in and register. You are in the UK so I don't know if it would apply to you but my friend in NYC called and registered.. no problem!
Imverge, I'd love for you to be right - but sadly, you aren't. It is a targetted promo, to my misfortune. There is a lengthy thread on the topic in the Marriott forum.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Imverge, I'd love for you to be right - but sadly, you aren't. It is a targetted promo, to my misfortune. There is a lengthy thread on the topic in the Marriott forum.
Actually, I think he is right. I was not targeted when I tried to register online and was rejected. I then called SLC office and they said that I was indeed NOT targeted but they had a "me too" catch all promo for those who weren't targeted. They registered me for the fall back promo of 3 stays and get 5,000 points up to 25k.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
No joy on registration for me but, given that I have been offered the best of the last several promotions, I'm not going to join the whine-fest. I also have a minor background in Marketing, so I undertstand it.

Besides, Marriott's promotion starts on the 15th, so 2 stays this week and 2 different spg properties Mon and Tues will get me 60% of the way back to PLT, so I can take some time off and maximize over at MR. I hate dueling promos where I have to choose.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 7:02 pm

i used to do about 50 nights/yr with spg, but last yr and this yr, as the promos got worse, i stopped and dropped down to about 30...now i spread some stays out to hyatt for FFN and hilton and marriot when they r running promos...
ill prob do enough to get plat this yr (25 stays) and then stay wherever is rewarding members with the most promo points. spg used to have some amazing promos (ie free wknd night every 5 stays a few yrs back!)

its annoying that i cant get on these spg promos, but i see their point, that they r marketing things meant to get new frequent guests...
Old Jun 10, 2005, 7:18 pm

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
10 stays so far this year.. might make it to Platinum.. might not.. I really don't care anymore..
Of course, I'm not eligible for this promo..
Old Jun 10, 2005, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Actually, I think he is right. I was not targeted when I tried to register online and was rejected. I then called SLC office and they said that I was indeed NOT targeted but they had a "me too" catch all promo for those who weren't targeted. They registered me for the fall back promo of 3 stays and get 5,000 points up to 25k.
For those who were rejected via the internet call this number and register...

Old Jun 10, 2005, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by couscous
10 stays so far this year.. might make it to Platinum.. might not.. I really don't care anymore..
Of course, I'm not eligible for this promo..
I couldn't agree more. I dropped to Gold this year because of the lack of promos last year. It hasn't really hurt me much as my upgrade rate wasn't all that good as a Platinum. I will still stick with SPG for some of my travel as I like a few specific properties (St. Regis, W) and SPG points are good for European vacations, but the typical Hyatt is as good as a Westin and the typical Hilton is better than a Sheraton so I follow the promos.

Starwood can win my business back by offering comparable benefits. (And yes, I agree that SPG is the best program on award nights/properties, but the lack of promos really limits my benefits from the program.)
Old Jun 12, 2005, 9:00 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
For those who were rejected via the internet call this number and register...

Is this SPG or Marriott forum??
Old Jun 12, 2005, 9:56 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Looks like I am out of luck for this promotion. Again for North American members only ???
Old Jun 12, 2005, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Super Larry
Is this SPG or Marriott forum??
I was begining to think the same thing! SORRY... it won't happen again!
Old Jun 12, 2005, 12:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by TechBoy
I couldn't agree more. I dropped to Gold this year because of the lack of promos last year. It hasn't really hurt me much as my upgrade rate wasn't all that good as a Platinum. I will still stick with SPG for some of my travel as I like a few specific properties (St. Regis, W) and SPG points are good for European vacations, but the typical Hyatt is as good as a Westin and the typical Hilton is better than a Sheraton so I follow the promos.

Starwood can win my business back by offering comparable benefits. (And yes, I agree that SPG is the best program on award nights/properties, but the lack of promos really limits my benefits from the program.)

Didn't you drop to gold because you didn't stay 25 times? Or are you suggesting that you would have stayed more times if there had been promotions.

I do not know if If will make plat agaain this year but I am only marginally influenced by promos the few times I am targeted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.