Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

How to earn Starpoints for mortgages and real estate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to earn Starpoints for mortgages and real estate?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2005, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold, USAir CP
Earning Starpoints for mortgages and real estate - any luck?

I have been searching the spg website and can't find this, so am hoping that someone could help me (of course, the website is also currently telling me "You have Starpoints" instead of how many points I have - love technology). I remember that there used to be a link about earning starpoints for financing or refinancing a real estate purchase, but now that I actually want the link it's eluding me. Can anyone help out here?

Also, has anyone actually done this? Does it only work with certain lenders? do you need to do the financing through specific agents? Or can you do the financing with your regular lender and magically get the starpoints somehow?

Thanks!

Last edited by Letisko; Apr 5, 2005 at 8:34 am
Old Apr 5, 2005, 11:14 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
http://www.awardsformortgageandrealestate.com/starwood
Old Apr 6, 2005, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold, USAir CP
Perfect - thank you!
Old Apr 6, 2005, 1:27 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Lightbulb Heads up

I recently contacted this company about handling the sale of my home.
Have nothing negative to say about my interaction with this company based on Customer service or their suggested referrals so far.
Very satisfactory actually.

I will however advise you that I was not aware that the standard 2,700 Starpoint earnings listed per 10,000 dollars is based ONLY on a 6 % commission which is not clear from what I originally glanced at.
If it is contained in the sites fine print I didn't see it or read the fine print
Which I find to be unusually high to earn 140,000 or so Starpoints on the whole sales transaction.
The broker is willing to go down on the commission but then so does the final amount of the Starpoints.
Being the commission earned for all parties including the broker and the referral company could amount to at least over $21,000 dollars at 4%
I am seriously considering taking the time to sell it myself.

To cut my Starpoint earnings on such a large commission at either rate seems silly being there is plenty of profit to go around for all parties involved that are going to list the home on a bunch of online sites.
Food for thought anyway

IMO they could live up to the advertised Starpoint earnings regardless if they earn 21 k of the transaction or 31K which is only two to three thousand worth of points return to myself based on the worth of the points at best for partcipating in the program.
Perhaps that is unfair on my part too assume that.
Though I could save a lot more by going to a broker who will work for less commission.
I have not made up my mind if I will participate at all in the program partnership at present.
Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has done business this way through the partnership.
Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Apr 6, 2005 at 1:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.