Search

What happened to the St. Regis LA?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2005, 1:22 pm
pod
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (MM)
What happened to the St. Regis LA?

Did it get absorbed by the Westin Century Plaza or go to a different chain?
Old Mar 26, 2005, 1:42 pm
canada_dry

Apparently, a multi-billionaire from Dubai, loved his stay so much, he decided to take the whole hotel with him to Dubai. Crazy.

Ok, so it was really sold months ago and no longer a Starwood property, and to be converted into condos.

Old Mar 27, 2005, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by canada_dry
Ok, so it was really sold months ago and no longer a Starwood property, and to be converted into condos.
Apparently there's no "buildable" land left in Century City and there is pent-up demand for more luxury condos, therefore the decision to convert.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 6:43 am

Programs: CO Plat - AW Plat - AA Gold - SPG Plat - HH Gold - HY Gold - WBR - Alpha Phi Omega - GO CANES!
Yeah, one of my favorite hotels EVER. I miss it.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 1:28 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Question Contact ??

If anyone has information or a contact for their sales office to purchase a new unit in the former St Regis now converting to Condo please advise.
I have left my contact information early this month with some of the staff there but have not had a follow-up call regarding my inquiry.
The building is now boarded up as they start to make it over.
It was strange seeing it all closed up and rather sad.
Thanks All

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.