Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion of Princeville Villas timeshare offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion of Princeville Villas timeshare offers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2006, 10:11 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Starwood Owner - Maui and Scottsdale
Originally Posted by cwc
Is there a deal only for 3nts? I am going to Kauai this Oct and staying at Sheraton for 240$ a night... It will be nice to stay in Princeville
The offer is 5 nights, a rental car, and a $75 GC for $750. I suppose you could leave after 3 nights, but the price would be the same. It might be tough to get this deal on such short notice anyway - it tends to fill up pretty far out. Email me for more info.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
are they still offering the 10k *points or $100 credit for attending the presentation?

and after 22 pages of posts, I missed a confirmation on whether this is per person pricing or per room. thanks
Old Aug 24, 2006, 8:21 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
It's per room (for 2 people). I got the 10K last Oct., but don't know if they're still offering it. I have some family going this Oct. so I'll ask them when they get back.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 9:15 am

Programs: SPG-Gold, Amex-Plat., AA-Plat.
In Maui this June they gave you $200 or points but it was no longer
10,000. points, can't remember how many but the $200. resort credit
seemed like a better deal, I think maybe it was 4,500 points but not sure.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Bump... Where to start?

Hi,
Aussie FTers with 2 weeks in HI - our first time outside Oahu, seeking your feedback something special and romantic...Princeville?

Is the special (referral) offer still available, and is it via referral by a good FTer, a timeshare attendee or an owner (or even just another *W person?).

A lot of the advice on the Princeville property is a year or more old, so can anyone advise currently:
- recommendations of where to stay and a good itinerary (e.g. 5 or 7 days at Princeville on this referral then the balance at another island/property/feature)
- are there any new/updated/changed places you can recommend, which might be more useful than a 3-4 year old review on FT?
- what is the likely timeframe for referral/contact/booking a week on one of these referrals?
- how would a knowledgeable FTer and HI visitor arrange such a holiday for May 07?
- if I somehow get to *W gold, are any benefits possible, especially if it's a very special occasion?

As relatively new international leisure travellers, Mrs BB and I are not very elite with *W. I'm not aware of how we can earn elite status from Australia unless we stay the required bed-nights. Thanks to ldsant in advance

Thanks for all of the tips already posted, and I look forward to any responses/PMs/e-mails on how to start looking into Princeville and any other decent options!

Cheers! ^

Last edited by BiziBB; Sep 15, 2006 at 11:28 pm Reason: grammar correction :)
Old Sep 16, 2006, 1:28 pm

The price is per room. It is good for 2 adults and 2 under-age children.

The hotel GC is usually for $100 - point offers vary.

Right now they offer is available for Cancun, Princeville (Kauai) and Maui.

You have to be referred by a Starwood Timeshare Owner.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 9:09 pm
np

Is it pretty easy to get a room once you've paid the downpayment for the offer? Can you check availability before paying the downpayment?

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by DeniseM
The price is per room. It is good for 2 adults and 2 under-age children.

The hotel GC is usually for $100 - point offers vary.

Right now they offer is available for Cancun, Princeville (Kauai) and Maui.

You have to be referred by a Starwood Timeshare Owner.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 2:58 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
I tried to get an invitation as a non-US resident but after having been recommended by a kind soul here I have been "invited" at about double price (1300$ IIRC) and no bouns bucks/points.
Has any non-US resident been able to be offered the correct deal discussed here?
Old Sep 17, 2006, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Any chance this offer is available to existing SVO owners (yes, I should already know this). We've using one of our weeks at Maui North next summer and am trying to pair it up with a week in Kauai. We're planning in using $$$/points (SPG or MR), but a cheap week at Princeville would be nice....
Old Sep 17, 2006, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by np
Is it pretty easy to get a room once you've paid the downpayment for the offer? Can you check availability before paying the downpayment?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, you can check availability first, but they are booked pretty far out for popular weeks. Off-season is easier.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by CPRich
Any chance this offer is available to existing SVO owners (yes, I should already know this). We've using one of our weeks at Maui North next summer and am trying to pair it up with a week in Kauai. We're planning in using $$$/points (SPG or MR), but a cheap week at Princeville would be nice....
No - owner's are excluded in the terms of the offer.

Last edited by ldsant; Sep 17, 2006 at 2:54 pm
Old Sep 17, 2006, 2:46 pm
np

What is considered off season versus high season for these types of reservations? I imagine Xmas, New Years are high season. Any others?

Originally Posted by DeniseM
Yes, you can check availability first, but they are booked pretty far out for popular weeks. Off-season is easier.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA Silver; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum
I'm considering going to the Princeville the first week of April 2007. Will the weather be okay at this time or should we go to the other side of the island?
Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Originally Posted by wobbly wings
I tried to get an invitation as a non-US resident but after having been recommended by a kind soul here I have been "invited" at about double price (1300$ IIRC) and no bouns bucks/points.
Has any non-US resident been able to be offered the correct deal discussed here?

Hi wobbly wings,
A couple of people who have offered invitations or who have been reading this forum for the last couple of years may have an answer. Like you, I'd like to get the offer, or at least my family in the States to get it...

I recall there was a Japan-based FTer discussing making a late payment for a SVO timeshare purchase.

Did this person get the 'Princeville deal' above, or similar? - was a US address and phone number used, or was it a Japan-offer.

Still, even $1300 is okay if $400/night is the minimum rate (and I could only find $685 in May 07!)

FTers with this offer:
Have you recently received the invitation to this offer and paid the deposit - can you advise if there are rooms available for late May?
I'm hoping that being 8mths out, it's possible to book on this offer before it gets released for use with owner points - so that there are still a few spots left ^
Old Sep 19, 2006, 3:46 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Hi BBB

No pms so far from someone who took up the offer while not in the US. If anyone is out there, please get in touch!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.