Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Mattress Run with phone-in to check out. Does it work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2004, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor

I may be a few stays/nights short of making platinum this year. Does anyone know if I could check-in, go home sleep in my own bed and phone-in to check out in the morning?

Thanks
Old Jun 19, 2004, 5:39 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
You do not even need to check out, I often leave early in the morning and fing the lines at check out to long so just leave. They always bill my cc the right amount and if I need a receipt I phone up afterwards and ask for one.
Old Jun 19, 2004, 6:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Have gone home early and checked out by phone and it worked for me. Go by the room every day and wallow in the bed awhile so housekeeping won't declare the room unoccupied and check you out early. Had that happen once too, when a day trip back home turned overnight during a stay
Old Jun 19, 2004, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Motion122
I may be a few stays/nights short of making platinum this year. Does anyone know if I could check-in, go home sleep in my own bed and phone-in to check out in the morning?

Thanks
All you need to do is check in and pay for the room with a credit card.
Old Jun 21, 2004, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by skofarrell
All you need to do is check in and pay for the room with a credit card.

I've done it a couple of times ... found a Sheraton close to home with inexpensive rates. I checked in and then went out to "park my car" ... never went to the room, didn't officially checked out. The charges posted correctly each time, as did the points.

Hoya
Old Jun 21, 2004, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
What do you guys do with the room keys? Will I get charged for taking off with the room key?
Old Jun 22, 2004, 6:44 am

Location: Hotlanta, GA; Starwood Platinum; Delta Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by Motion122
What do you guys do with the room keys? Will I get charged for taking off with the room key?
I don't know if it is JUST a cost issue, but none of the hotels have truly "original" keys anymore with a pic of the hotel on them. I used to always keep one of those if it was a hotel I liked.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 7:48 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I was targetted for the Double-Double promo and comp'd to PLT. Decided to do the "25" stays close to home. Pleasanton 4Pts had $49 to $59 weekend rates and a nice pool. Checked in, went to the room to get the PLT amenity (a bottle of water,) and the Scope (perfect size for a 3 to 4 day trip.) Hang by the pool and go home (my bed is much better.) Call to checkout and have the folio faxed for my rercords. No problems and very nice front desk staff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.