Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is a CAA rate?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2004, 1:27 am

Programs: UA 1P (residual DL, US, AS), SPG
TIMELY TOPIC!!!

I just booked the $69 rate at FourPoints LAX this coming weekend (6/4-6), because I mistakenly read "CAA" as what I know as "CSAA" (California State Automobile Assn.), which is of course our state association for AAA.

It never occured to me that it would be Canadian. I will let you know how it turns out. I can't imagine that they would jack up the rate because I have the wrong card ("CAA" wasn't explained in the pop-up window under the fuller explanation of the room), but stranger things have happened!
Old Jun 1, 2004, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
I just booked the $69 rate for 6/3 stay.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 7:56 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Caa = Aaa

My CAA card also has the AAA logo on it, Canadian tour books have both logos. They're the same organization, so I wouldn't worry about it. I suppose that technically your AAA membership entitles you to CAA benefits, and this lower rate is a CAA benefit so you should be able to book it.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by SFOTRAVELER
I just booked the $69 rate at FourPoints LAX this coming weekend (6/4-6), because I mistakenly read "CAA" as what I know as "CSAA" (California State Automobile Assn.), which is of course our state association for AAA.
Actually, the CSAA is just for Northern California. In SoCal, it's ACSC (Automobile Club of Southern California).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.