Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Westin Excelsior - Venice Lido left Starwood 11/1/2008 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Excelsior - Venice Lido left Starwood 11/1/2008 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2004, 9:53 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Smile

Originally Posted by Singlepoint
Sorry if I butchered the language but, if it's not too personal, what kind of rates are SPGers able to obtain at such hotels as the Westin ? I've been to Venice but ceratinly not in such opulent hotels...the junior suite looked quite nice. Answer if you feel comfortable with doing so.

Cheers,

Singlepoint
THANKS! See for my review of this hotel a few days before posting the pics!
Old Jan 26, 2008, 9:22 pm

Programs: AC - SE, SPG - Platinum, HGP - Diamond
Lido Westin Excelsior Reviews

Am staying there mid September 2008 with wife and 6-month old. Any recent reviews of this property? I tried search but most posts seem to be from 2006 and older.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:24 pm

No change. Tacky Moorish decor. Cold pool. Crappy beach.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM, UA MM 1K, MR Titanium Lifetime
You also have to catch a boat to St. Marks/Grand Canal where all the attractions are. If you can get rooms at the Danieli or Europa & Regina, you can save yourself the 15-20 min boat ride.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 10:58 am
Community Director Emerita

This property left Starwood Nov 1, 2008.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. said Friday it completed the sale of three Italian hotels to Estcapital-SGR SpA for 164 million euros ($212 million).

The sale consisted of the 196-room Westin Excelsior in Venice Lido, the 191-room Hotel Des Bains, also in Venice Lido, and the 31-room Villa Cipriani in Asolo.

that company is a large investment firm, with many holdings in real estate, among other things.

says starwood sold them. they could still manage them. Estcapitol is not in the hotel management business.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 12:37 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by slawecki
The sale consisted of the 196-room Westin Excelsior in Venice Lido, the 191-room Hotel Des Bains, also in Venice Lido, and the 31-room Villa Cipriani in Asolo.

says starwood sold them. they could still manage them. Estcapitol is not in the hotel management business.
Starwood website has an announcement on each hotelīs home page that they have left as of Nov. 1.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 2:13 pm

Starwood out of all 3. Westin will probably go Fairmont. Not sure about the Cip. Hotel des Baines may stay independent possibly with some residential component.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.