Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Good points being made here! Sorta 2nd guessing if I got a deal now. Recently made a 6 night stay that costs under $500 per night for OV 1 bdrm. No car or resort credits. Hmmm. Oh well! Just looking forward to getting to Maui now!

Keep the info coming! Will make my next stay just that much better! Looking to buy this time!
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:30 pm

Hello!

If anyone is willing to provide a referral to the Westin Villas, I would greatly appreciate it! We are planning to visit in July 2014. Thank you in advance!
Old Feb 24, 2014, 7:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by kaymay
Hello!

If anyone is willing to provide a referral to the Westin Villas, I would greatly appreciate it! We are planning to visit in July 2014. Thank you in advance!
I'll will send you a PM with the required info.

Please note that once a referral is made, Starwood Vacation Network will not send out an invitation for another two to three months. With that in mind, the ability to reserve in July 2014 may be tight since you could be reserving approximately two months prior to your stay.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 1:36 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Thumbs up

Just finished four nights here, booked as a regular stay on SPG.com. Some quick observations, many of them updated from/contrary to previous information in the thread:

- Construction is complete and has been for some time. Check those dates on the early posts!
- As an SPG Platinum, received all of the amenities/gifts/recognition that usually comes with it except for late checkout.
- Wi-Fi was impressively reliable and fast. A bit spotty from the beach proper, great everywhere else. Unclear whether it was free for everyone or free just with status.
- Parking was quoted as $12 per day valet or $10 per day self, with the first night comped. They charged us a total of $37.50 for two cars times four nights. No idea as to any rhyme or reason.
- If you look at the fine print, stays booked as hotel stays as opposed to ownership stays include full housekeeping, which we found to be true.
- There are two hot tubs in the south complex. One is much hotter than the other.
- The bathrooms in the 1BR villas are larger than my home bedroom.
- There's something called "snuba".

Overall, I couldn't ask for anything more. We had a spectacular time!
Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, DL Gold, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
How much time are you actually planning on spending in the room?
Originally Posted by controller1
With the exception of overnight sleeping, we average less than two hours a day in our room when in Hawaii.
As others have mentioned: morning coffee relaxing on the terrace, catching up on emails on the terrace, evening cocktails, maybe a late-night nite-cap - plenty of use for a terrace, even when vacationing in spots like Hawaii. Certainly don't want to be looking out to a garage, parking lot, or mountains, definitely want to be overlooking beaches, waves, sunsets. But to each his own, YMMV of course.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: SVO - WKORV, WPORV, WKV, WSJ
We spend plenty of time in our room and our lanai at WKORV. In fact - our last annual trip we checked in on Saturday, picked up groceries, and then didn't even get as far as the Front desk until Wed evening. It was a great vacation! But then again we own OF Deluxe that has a lanai that is 8.5 x 25 ft and has a direct ocean view - and a wonderful beach and snorkel reef just below. {yep... too each their own...}

Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: DL,CO,SWA
I just got the $798 deal in an email (how I don't know). Have until today to "lock in" with a $498 deposit. They said 2015 dates aren't open yet. What is the chances of being able to get President's Day weekend (i.e. 2/13-2/19). They said no problem, but I've already got my FF flight booked, so date is kind of locked. Assuming if they don't have my dates I could get a refund?

Act now to reserve this $798 vacation package that includes:

6 days’ and 5 nights’ accommodations
at The Westin Ka‘anapali Ocean Resort Villas
Your choice of 5,000 Starpoints® OR a $75 resort certificate that can be used toward dining, shopping or spa services within the resort
PLUS, a $185 AVIS® Rental Car Certificate
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dcv2002
I just got the $798 deal in an email (how I don't know). Have until today to "lock in" with a $498 deposit. They said 2015 dates aren't open yet. What is the chances of being able to get President's Day weekend (i.e. 2/13-2/19). They said no problem, but I've already got my FF flight booked, so date is kind of locked. Assuming if they don't have my dates I could get a refund?

Act now to reserve this $798 vacation package that includes:

6 days’ and 5 nights’ accommodations
at The Westin Ka‘anapali Ocean Resort Villas
Your choice of 5,000 Starpoints® OR a $75 resort certificate that can be used toward dining, shopping or spa services within the resort
PLUS, a $185 AVIS® Rental Car Certificate
Typically, those dates are not busier than others during the whale watching season in Hawaii. I don't believe you will get a refund. However, you may be able to have the vacation package transferred to another SVN resort.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by controller1
Typically, those dates are not busier than others during the whale watching season in Hawaii. I don't believe you will get a refund. However, you may be able to have the vacation package transferred to another SVN resort.
Thanks. And you are correct about the refund. See below. Since dates aren't available for probably two months, I only have 15 days to cancel. So no refund if dates aren't available.

We have stayed here before back in 2010 for 3 nights (booked through Expedia). Have to discuss it with the wife later.

Offer - Not valid in conjunction with any other promotion. Offer cannot be modified. Travel must be completed within 12 months of package purchase date. All currency mentions are US Dollars.

Cancellations must be made in writing within fifteen days of the package purchase date or package purchase price is not refundable. A refund will be issued within fifteen days of the receipt of notice of cancellation. Cancellation notices must be sent to Westin Cancellations, 74000 Country Club Drive – D – Palm Desert, CA 92260.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 6:50 pm

If anyone can help, I would surely appreciate a referral to the Westin Ocean Resort Villas so my family can take advantage of the offer.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 30, 2014, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by mdg197777
If anyone can help, I would surely appreciate a referral to the Westin Ocean Resort Villas so my family can take advantage of the offer.

Thanks in advance!
PM sent a few minutes ago.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:25 pm

Just returned

Fabulous 5 night promo stay, was not bothered by timeshare people. Had great weather, saw whales, wonderful snorkeling right in front. Stayed in North wing, only complaint room not ready before 4 and parking difficult at best. The hot tub near the lawn (north side) is Hot!
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:54 pm

I too would appreciate a referral to the Westin Ocean Resort Villas.

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by youngrfpc
I too would appreciate a referral to the Westin Ocean Resort Villas.

Thanks in advance!
Check your PM inbox soon.

NOTE TO THOSE DESIRING AN OWNER-REFERRAL: To prevent this thread from increasing in size due to requests for referrals, please feel free to send me a PM requesting a referral. There is no need to post your request in this thread.

Thanks.

Last edited by controller1; Apr 1, 2014 at 3:05 pm Reason: Add note about requesting future referrals
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:01 pm

Just an update. After consideration I did not book the package as I was just a little wary about giving a deposit with no guarantee that the dates that I would need would be available. (Flights already booked, to HNL at least). As it would happen, I received the offer again (expires tomorrow). Does any know when 2015 dates would become available for booking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.