Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just qualified LT Platinum (sort of)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood, Aadvantage, Marriott?
Just qualified LT Platinum (sort of)

Began a 4 night stay July 24 in Dublin last week, with 49 nights YTD and 9 years platinum. So morning of the 25th I'd completed night 50. Evening of the 28th, nights / points had posted confirming I'd hit 53. Interesting behaviors across the SPG digital estate since then. Mobile app still says Lifetime Gold. SPG Dashboard shows 0 nights / 0 years platinum left to go, but still shows gold for life. An action box congratulates me on achieving platinum and choose your gift here. Clicking on it takes me to a new window, where I'm informed new gift choices will be presented at a later date. No emails from SPG about requalifying for Platinum or achieving Lifetime Platinum.

For those wondering if July 27th was truly a hard date to choose 10 SNA's for Platinum status, that does appear to be the case. I considered checking out of my hotel on the 25th, and checking back in to ensure I got under the wire, but I was there for work and didn't want the hassle.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by cloudyone
Began a 4 night stay July 24 in Dublin last week, with 49 nights YTD and 9 years platinum. So morning of the 25th I'd completed night 50. Evening of the 28th, nights / points had posted confirming I'd hit 53. Interesting behaviors across the SPG digital estate since then. Mobile app still says Lifetime Gold. SPG Dashboard shows 0 nights / 0 years platinum left to go, but still shows gold for life. An action box congratulates me on achieving platinum and choose your gift here. Clicking on it takes me to a new window, where I'm informed new gift choices will be presented at a later date. No emails from SPG about requalifying for Platinum or achieving Lifetime Platinum.

For those wondering if July 27th was truly a hard date to choose 10 SNA's for Platinum status, that does appear to be the case. I considered checking out of my hotel on the 25th, and checking back in to ensure I got under the wire, but I was there for work and didn't want the hassle.
It does take a few days to a week for all the systems to sync up, so I'd sit back and wait for now. None of the programs I've seen both with mid-stay bumps, they all wait for the stay to post, so hitting 50 nights on the first night of the stay is irrelevant. Yes, checking out on the 25th may have helped, but you had to choose your benefit before the 27th and I'm not sure you would have had time before the system(s) recognized your new status across the board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.